Morbidly Obese

Options
Yes I said I am morbidly obese I know its not that hard to see. I am working on it, Right now while working with a local doctor in a weight lose program (low carb, exercise, & Phentermine) I have been able to lose 66.7 lbs since Memorial Day. I still have a long way to go 300 plus lbs. But I am on the right track. I know some have issues with the Phentermine, I am getting checked weekly by my dr for any heart rate issues none so far.

Replies

• elfram2
    elfram2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Last Christmas I was about 330. Now im at 209. It's not impossible to lose the weight. My bmi was over 50 and now it down to mid 30s. pretty soon i'll just be overweight. 190 range. Just stick to what ever paln you and your doctor come up with and you should do fine. btw I've had some heart issues also so I understand that angle also. Good luck
  • ScaryMaryOne
    ScaryMaryOne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey there, good for you. If you and your doc think Phentermine is appropriate in your case, then that is that. Don't worry about what other people think. Since I have experience with Phentermine, I know that it erases a lot of one's appetite. In your case, that's probably a really good thing. Also, personally, I think using Phentermine is a MUCH better alternative then gastric bypass surgery. So hang in there! The best advice I can give anyone is what I learned when I quit smoking about 25 years ago (ugh!)----TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME. Discipline your mind to deal with today, don't worry about yesterday, and ignore tomorrow until it's tomorrow. It's hard, but try. I think it will help you a lot. Good luck and good on you for taking action on your health. I'm sure your family and friends are glad you are doing it!
  • zestyzesty
    zestyzesty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone! I, too, am -morbidly- obese. It is my goal to be just obese. My BMI when I started a few weeks back was mid/high 40s. I have decided to tackle this at my pace, eating a lot healthier and starting to exercise again. It's not easy, especially if you, like me, had got into very sedentary habits and eating too much. When I first started swimming again, I was so tired even after a couple of lengths. This was a shock to me, as even when I'd been unfit before I could always just get into swimming and do 2km but not this time. It was made worse by a dodgy knee but I can feel my leg muscles getting stronger again. I can only echo what others are saying- step by step. If you go off track, don't think that's the end of the healthyness, just start again as soon as you feel you can. Even the odd day of overeating won't hold you back that much, if you're making progress and eating well and becoming more active.
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hey there, good for you. If you and your doc think Phentermine is appropriate in your case, then that is that. Don't worry about what other people think. Since I have experience with Phentermine, I know that it erases a lot of one's appetite. In your case, that's probably a really good thing. Also, personally, I think using Phentermine is a MUCH better alternative then gastric bypass surgery. So hang in there! The best advice I can give anyone is what I learned when I quit smoking about 25 years ago (ugh!)----TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME. Discipline your mind to deal with today, don't worry about yesterday, and ignore tomorrow until it's tomorrow. It's hard, but try. I think it will help you a lot. Good luck and good on you for taking action on your health. I'm sure your family and friends are glad you are doing it!

Really good advice!!!
  • achaiadust
    achaiadust Posts: 17
    Options
    You're awesome, okay? It's hard work peeling off all those pounds, and I commend you for it. I think you can do it, and your body will love you for it too. :3 Keep at it okay? I'm only on day three, but I'm already waking up feeling less groggy and more energetic because of all the kale and water I've been consuming. And don't forget, water doesn't have to be boring! throw some lemons up in thar or whatever taste you like. ^_^ Helps me IMMENSELY towards my gallon a day goal. :3

You're awesome!