Starting Couch to 5K today anyone want to join?

Options
I am starting Couch to 5K just loaded the google app. I am planning on jogging my first 5K at the end of August. Looking for others that want to join me. If you can't run due to health problems you can always walk as well :) I plan on coming here daily :)

Replies

• geenabee2014
    Options
    Hi,
    I was thinking of doing this yesterday! I have to start lower than the app though as I am very unfit! :)
  • carissab1020
    Options
    I can start this tomorrow! Feel free to add me. Im also doing the 30 day shred!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    C25k is a fantastic programme - have been thinking of restarting it after I stopped running (from injury :(). I could do with getting back to running either way :laugh:

And Geen - I don't know what you'd classify as "unfit" but when I first started (over two years ago now) I couldn't run for 30 seconds, was around 200Ibs and running made my sight go fuzzy.....did the programme in the usual amount of time and got up to running 10 miles eventually. Don't underestimate yourself!! :)
  • geenabee2014
    Options
    Squidgeypaw, thank you for that, I just kind of mademine up last time because they didnt have an easy enough level, did you find an app that did 30seconds?

How do we want to document this?
  • souvenance3
    souvenance3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I thought I'd time my mile today for the first time since high school.....boy was that a shock. I was struggling just to make it around the block. Count me in!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting tomorrow and do it every other day in between my other workout, so I am in :)
  • nlmillervt
    nlmillervt Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Squidgeypaw, thank you for that, I just kind of mademine up last time because they didnt have an easy enough level, did you find an app that did 30seconds?

How do we want to document this?

This might be good timing. Yesterday I just tried out the iOS app by LOLO called Easy 5K with Jeff Galloway, and think I'm going to try to complete the program.

It's got the ability to adjust the ratios for walk/run with lots of different options, although I haven't tried those yet. I picked it up for free last fall, but it looks like it's on sale right now for $1.99.
  • ilyahna2014
    Options
    I'm on week 6, but I'd love more C25K friends! Add me!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Downloaded it yesterday, just need to pick a start date!
  • geenabee2014
    Options
    Ok so for me, I will be able to start tomorrow (monday) night, I am brand new to my fitness pal so shall we keep this board going and replay to each other

I'd love to meet new people through this

G
  • Alliern45
    Alliern45 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So glad I saw this thread. I just recommitted myself to MFP tracking and started C25K today!! I would love to have some accountability friends! I have about 70# to lose and run really slow. My legs always give out before my lungs! Are you all running inside or out? I am doing a combo of both depending on the day/heat. From previous experience (tried this once before and gave up) If you run inside make sure to set you incline up or the transition to outside is brutal! Just my experience.
    Onward
    Allie
  • christinacrisfield
    christinacrisfield Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 3 - but I am doing it accelerated - more like 2 weeks in 1, since I have the experience and am in training for a race in September. I notice it's really good for interval training and calorie burning. Add me if you would like!
  • JenniferRHughes
    JenniferRHughes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow I am really excited to have so many friends joining in. I am also intimidated by my fitness level but I am just going to do my best. Some friends suggested repeating weeks if it becomes too difficult. I would like to keep this going as a group. Let me see what I can do...anyone want to pick a name?
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to start this as well. I've wanted to start this for some time. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • farmgirl87
    Options
    I'm in, too! I started it a while back then got too busy. Should be better doing it with others. Thanks:smile:
  • alicia0412
    alicia0412 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just completed my 2nd day of it today! I could use some friends doing the same program so I don't give up as easily :)
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I did day one of a c25k the day before yesterday, was too hard for my level of fitness. Spotted a post about an app called zombies run! on the forums here last night, so I got the zombies run c25k app, did the first day today, much easier! And super fun! So I would love to join in with you guys :) Feel free to friend me as well :)
  • geenabee2014
    Options
    Hi jelly beans mam, just looked at this app it looks hilarious, does it say things about the game while your running? Well done on day one!
  • geenabee2014
    Options
    I just completed my 2nd day of it today! I could use some friends doing the same program so I don't give up as easily :)

Well done!!!! Keep going!
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oh it was great! there are voice actors that talk at points, today it was giving the backstory, so I was in a helicopter that was shot down, and had to complete a mission and get to base camp, speed up when zombies were chasing me etc, it was a blast! Especially since where I walk/run is a bush trail with creaky trees, wobbly old squeaky bridges etc, really added to the atmosphere for an early morning run!