Want to brag about BodyMedia Link?

Options
I'm having gadget envy. I want a BodyMedia Link. Anyone have one they would like to brag about? I have a fitbit, a polar ft7...wouldn't a BodyMedia Link combine these?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have a Suunto M5 :3
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia LINK and it is just awesome. :D
    The BMF won't take the place of a HRM as it is an activity tracker, however, the sensors on it make it more accurate than the Fitbit.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I could go on all day about how much I love my BMF.

They're super cheap right now, on sale for 25% off plus free shipping. Now is the time to get it if you really want one.

I think the only FitBit that comes close to the accuracy of the BMF is the Zip, although I question how accurate something you can simply dangle from your clothing is... the BMF at least is constantly measuring things as its sensors and such are in contact with your body, but whatever floats your boat.

BMF doesn't have a heart rate monitor, but I don't think it loses any value from not having one.
  • nlmillervt
    nlmillervt Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I could go on all day about how much I love my BMF.

They're super cheap right now, on sale for 25% off plus free shipping. Now is the time to get it if you really want one.

I think the only FitBit that comes close to the accuracy of the BMF is the Zip, although I question how accurate something you can simply dangle from your clothing is... the BMF at least is constantly measuring things as its sensors and such are in contact with your body, but whatever floats your boat.

BMF doesn't have a heart rate monitor, but I don't think it loses any value from not having one.

Ditto to this!

Edited to pick up quote...oops, there's a reason I don't post often!
  • anitac0126
    anitac0126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I'm still thinking I want one. LOL...I have a fitbit flex, and one night my husband and I were out to eat and it began to blink and vibrate that I'd hit my step goal. My husband was suspicious or at the least, curious about a product that measures activity to measure while i'm stuffing my face. Haha! Since then, I've questioned the accuracy. I've loved the fitbit since I've had it, but like all tech gadget nerds, I'm ready to graduate. :)
  • jasonlee16fp
    jasonlee16fp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buyer beware:

I'd encourage you to do more research before making the purchase(amazon reviews, android app reviews, etc).

android app store{https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bodymedia.android.display&hl=en}

You are essentially purchasing a once great product that was acquired by Jawbone and since then has been left to rot. Body Media was acquired in April of 2013 by Jawbone. Since then, Jawbone's support... or lack thereof has lead me to believe the acquisition was to acquire intellectual property only and not to keep BodyMedia in development.

For example, Jawbone/Bodymedia has not released an android update since May 2013. Bluetooth sync on android is currently broken and support doesn't seem to care.

I have the link (bluetooth version) of the band. I got this version specifically for the bluetooth functionality. It worked great for many months until an Android over the air update. Since then sync has been very sporadic. I have made requests to support that sadly have gone unanswered.

I still use my band today but have had to go back to the PC version of the sync since the bluetooth stopped working.

There was supposed to be a version 2 bodymedia sensor released at the end of last year (lots of hype,media releases, etc) and that has gone silent since the acquisition. another indicator that Jawbone has no interest in future development of this great product.

-Good Luck