New member in Sacramento

Options
Hi all. I am new to this to MFP so I thought I would introduce myself.

I recently purchased the Polar Loop and Polar HRM (H7 I think). I am wondering how others use these with various apps on Android. I am dissappointed that I cannot find anything except Polar Flow that will use Loop data.

I am a US Navy veteran so I am no stranger to exercise. I injured my back and leg in the Navy so exercise and I became 'estranged lovers'. I have led a pretty sedentary IT Geek lifestyle since. So I guess one could say I am new to exercise as well. I love to cook but find I don't do it as much as I should because I am single and don't know what to cook most of the time between chronic pain and general lack of motivation. About a month ago I decided it was time to make changes and start living again.

I love gadgets so I bought the Loop and HRM in the hope they would be motivating and so far they are. I just need to find the best apps to track and use the data and maybe meet some fitness and nutrition minded friends. So, hello to everyone. My nutritionist suggested I use a calorie counter (boring) but I think MFP is better and am excited to be here.

Replies

• simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service.
    Please feel free to add me. MFP is a great website. Good luck!