My -65 lbs Transformation (4'10")

Options
After battling multiple eating disorders (a low weight of 85 lbs when I was in high school due to starvation/excessive exercise and later a high weight of 185 lbs due to binge eating) I woke up one day in December 2011 and decided I needed to change my life. I was tired of feeling sick all of the time and tired of being unhappy.

I started my journey at 185 lbs and dropped the first 50 lbs in a year as a result of healthy eating, counting calories, and cardio/strength training 5-6 days a week.

It took me another year and a half to lose an additional 15 lbs. I would like to lose another 5 lbs but the number on the scale doesn't matter that much to me anymore. I'm focusing on balancing my macros and building muscle. My body fat went from over 40% to 20%, although my ideal body weight is between 16-18%.

If I can do it, anyone can! It is definitely a more difficult battle with your brain than it is with your body.

7ed50def-3304-4d1f-823a-6ca300b3dd2d_zps20bff431.jpg

Replies

• jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You look so good!! Congrats.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    This might sound super weird but I think I saw your results on tumblr too!

You look amazing!
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! what an amazing change!
  • prettygirl326
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing!

I have a question. What is this building macros thing I see people here talking about? What does that mean?
  • tinyvesselsmakesgains
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:
  • tinyvesselsmakesgains
    Options
    Macros = macronutrients = carbohydrates, fats, proteins. It's more of balancing them to meet your needs rather than "building." For example, for my goals I should be aiming for 60% carbs, 25% proteins, 15% fats...although I'm having a hard time getting my carbs up and my fats down!
  • tinyvesselsmakesgains
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing!

I have a question. What is this building macros thing I see people here talking about? What does that mean?

Macros = macronutrients = carbohydrates, fats, proteins. It's more of balancing them to meet your needs rather than "building." For example, for my goals I should be aiming for 60% carbs, 25% proteins, 15% fats...although I'm having a hard time getting my carbs up and my fats down!
  • micher43
    micher43 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this story!!! I'm also short too (5' flat) and obese and it's amazing to see a transformation like this! You are amazing!!!!
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hot mama! You look great!
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ayee i seen you on tumblr! these results are awesome. im 4'11 and started at 177 now im 139 and cant wait til i get to 120 thats my goal weight. im starting to count my macros but its hard for me getting my carbs up too cause i dont eat breads or potatoes
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Ah, you're so slim in your side shot! Your tats looked good before and they look even better now. Congratulations!!
  • TanyshaBzs
    TanyshaBzs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation.
    You look incredible.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. And I love all your tats :)
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! :flowerforyou:
  • SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • fishngravy
    fishngravy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    omg you look amazing, and I can tell its really you, it gave me hope I almost had surgery until I found this and its helping soo much thanks for sharing:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: brenda
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look fantastic!!
  • oliviagibson
    Options
    Wow, absolutely incredible transformation! You were gorgeous before and even more beautiful now! :)
  • tinyvesselsmakesgains
    Options
    omg you look amazing, and I can tell its really you, it gave me hope I almost had surgery until I found this and its helping soo much thanks for sharing:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: brenda

You can totally do it without the stress/cost of surgery!! So glad I can help :) Just remember it takes time, baby steps!
  • tinyvesselsmakesgains
    Options
    Wow, absolutely incredible transformation! You were gorgeous before and even more beautiful now! :)

Aww thanks so much, I am flattered :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!