Help! I'm CRAVING something sweet.

Options

Replies

• figuu
    figuu Posts: 20
    Options
    Chocolate protein bar, a piece of chocolate, chocolate flavored protein powder or cocoa powder with stevia in yogurt, oatmeal, or anything similar, coffee with sugar, mocha latte, hot chocolate. There are a lot of healthy chocolate options.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I really like the 90 calorie bags of Crispy Minis, either Chocolate drizzle or Caramel drizzle. Great when you really aren't hungry but dying for something sweet.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    UNEh2M3.jpg

Pretty much This^^^
  • jbing07
    jbing07 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Extra Dessert Delights gum.... I recommend apple pie ;)

Yes, this gum is always a go to for me too! Currently, I have the lemon square. And if u r craving some chocolate, the mint chocolate chip ice cream gum is good too.
  • alicia0412
    alicia0412 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Try dole dippers! They're delicious and have very few calories in them. The one with strawberries dipped in dark chocolate have 60 calories for a pack of 4. They also have banana. I frequently eat them when I'm craving chocolate. You can find them in the frozen fruit section of your store.
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Eat something like an apple or a cucumber, just some fruit or veggie. Wait about 20 minutes and then rethink the craving. If you still crave chocolate than have one serving of what ever you get. If you can't make your self eat the fruit or veggie than you're not really hungry at all.
  • tawnywest
    tawnywest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Paula Deen, in an article about her weight loss said that she would suck on a lollipop for 10 min and that worked for her. I went out and bought a big container of Chupa Chup lollipops. I would just have a whole one. 50 calories. Seems to work for me. If these cravings are happening at work like they do for me it's likely stress.
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    DREAMSICLE DESSERT

1 3oz. pkg sugar free orange jello
    1 3 0z. pkg sugar free vanills instant pudding
    1 10 oz.can of mandarin oranges drained
    1 8 oz. tub fat free whipped topping

Disolve jello in 1 cup of boiling water,add 1/2 cup of col water and let set in the fridge for 20 minutes.With whisk or mixer blend dry vanilla powder and mix until smooth. Fold in mandarin oranges and whipped topping and refrigerate.

I make this for my daughter to cut back on her sugar and she loves it !
  • earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like blow pops (50 calories) or Andes chocolate mints.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    This is very simple advice from me but I would really try it - if you are actually craving something sweet (and not just mildly fancying it) leave all sugar based produce alone , as much as you can and for as often as you can. If you keep of it for a couple of days the craving should go away - a little bit can lead to more though so its better to keep completely off it.
  • KProtani2014
    Options
    Fiber One bars...any kind. They're all good. :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Just say no.

This is going to happen a lot. You have to learn to say No or you won't lose your weight, which I know you want to do!

You have to make changes and you know that saying No is one of them. Just do it. Focus on other stuff.

As time goes on, saying No to the food that says "Eat me!" will get easier.

Hang tough. Kick those cravings' butt.

You can do it!!

Chew gum. :)
  • kristibusque
    kristibusque Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    flavored tea ! I like Chocolate Almond Torte when I'm crazing something sweet. 0 calories and the fluids fill you up!
  • Bonproducer
    Options
    If you can find Nonni's biscotti, they have a 'Decadence' chocolate flavor that always does the trick to satisfy me. They're individually wrapped, which helps, and each is 100 calories.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Just eat some chocolate. If you go over a little today, no big deal.

I agree....also, someone mentioned hot chocolate...diet hot chocolate with a wee bit of coconut oil gives me that chocolate boost & the additional fat keeps me feeling full.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Low calorie jelly works for me.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Black seedless grapes, they're delicious and sweet and in season right now.
  • Kaylee11133
    Kaylee11133 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This was always an issue for me while trying to eat on a calorie budget, but I discovered how delicious fiber one brownies are(they make lemon bars, coffee cake bars, etc), which are only 90 calories. If you buy a box of rice crispies, those are generally only 90 too. Sugar free jello tastes good, and is only like 10 calories. Oh and weight watchers makes some ice cream bars that are like 90-120 calories. The dark chocolate covered raspberry popsicle is amazing(only 90 calories), in my opinion. Finding low calorie foods to eat when you crave things helped me stay on track so much more. Instead of going to something unhealthy for a sweet fix, I could get it from something under 100 calories and not feel too bad about it. =P
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate, enjoy it, log it. Life's too short to deny yourself chocolate.
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    DO NOT EAT ANYTHING SWEET! Eat Protein. As much as you need until you get through all the cravings. Which for me takes 2 weeks. Cravings are often triggered by low blood sugar due to eating sugar.

Overdo the Protein is my advice until your cravings settle down. Good luck!