The first 36 of fitness.

Options
Shmeelady
Shmeelady Posts: 31 Member
After my son was born I decided to overhaul my life.
I went from 297 down to 180.
I'm going to be honest with you, I did not exercise during that time... I didn't think it was needed.
I lived in a fairytale land where as long as I lost the weight, my body would tighten and look good.
I was dead wrong!! lol.

So after looking at my naked self one day, I decided that I was going to dedicate myself to this.
For the past 36 days I have been working out twice a day (yes I do take rest days) , which trust me as a single mother who works full time AND working on a business degree... I barely have the time to fit everything in. It's been a struggle, but so worth it!
I feel confident with the results so far!
I still have 34lbs until I reach my GW, but feeling much more confident in my body as it's changing!

-- 36 days --
6lbs lost -- the first two weeks I gained 4lbs, then dropped 10lbs.
8inches lost
1 pant size down -- from size 10 to 8

01c192ef-bc41-4b53-983c-e36606160f9b.jpg

05b2acbb-a782-4c62-b05c-5f318decb265.png

photo33.jpg

photo41.jpg

Replies

• oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Your hard work is definitely paying off. You look wonderful! And you are a good reminder to myself--when there's a will, there's a way. It's doubly impressive you've done this with all the responsibilities you have!
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Just think of how great you'll feel once you reach your goals. You'll be one confident, sexy momma!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Well done. You are doing such an amazing job :flowerforyou:
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look great.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing! It just goes to show that exercise goes a long way! And don't feel bad - at first I didn't think I had to exercise, either. You're not alone! The important thing is that we learned the right way to go about changing our bodies!
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Great arms!!
  • Shmeelady
    Options
    It's great!
    I've also completely cut caffeine during this time too! I was drinking about 8-10 cups per day, I was always so tired with my daily grind!

The arms are my biggest challenge, they were the one thing I thought I'd be plagued with forever. I am hopeful now though!
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look great! What was your fitness routine?
  • Shmeelady
    Options
    I found this 30 day fitness app, decided on four challenges.
    - crunch challenge
    - jumping jack challenge
    - push up challenge
    - squat challenge

Wake up at 5am and do the challenges to get myself going. Starts the day off pretty well! For the evening after work, I do either 30 minutes of cardio or strength. I'm finding that it's a lot easier to focus on evening school work and studying too!

Since I've finished the original batch of 30 day challenges I started a few more in replacement.
    - butt challenge (bridges, lunges, squats)
    - beach body challenge (crunches, burpees, planks etc etc)
    - arm challenge (mountain climbers, push ups, tri-dips)

It's been working pretty good for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!