Need Breakfast Suggestions

Options
I need to change up my choices for breaskfast foods, so I'm looking for some ideas and recipes. I was not sure when to post this at. But I'm going to start juicing, with my vitamix blender, the mother of all blenders. Thanks

Replies

• tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I love Special K Protein Plus with half a banana. I also like Kashi Go Lean Crunch with Fiber Twigs...I can't remember the complete name. I mostly have cereal for breakfast at work. At home I'll have an egg white omelette sometimes.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I make fruit shakes everyday for breakfast. This morning I made one with a banana, dole frozen whole strawberries, blueberries, and milk. Sometimes I put some yogurt in it. If I'm really hungry I'll make 3-4 slices of butterball turkey bacon at 25 calories a slice.
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love porridge especially the little packets of Quaker Oatso Simple
  • timetripper42
    Options
    Try oatmeal no milk but add apples and cinnamon microwave all together or other fresh or frozen fruit that is not frozen in juice. I also eat turkey bacon with scrambelled egg whites and I eat low sodium ezekial bread which you find in grocery stores in the frozen food section and for butter I use no salt butter. I also like flax ceral or omega bran ceral just look on labeling for sodium content. There are other choices omelets made with egg whites and onions bell peppers and two strips of turkey bacon broken up in omelet. I buy egg whites in container that are colored yellow
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    2 of my fav are whole wheat low fat waffles with reduced sodium-sugar jiff peanut butter with sliced banana also and egg white sandwhich: eggwhites, feta cheese, pico da gallo and diced ham or turkey bacon on whole wheat toast or english muffin. Low in fat and cals and delish!+
  • cbevan
    cbevan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like to do 1 Tbsp of peanut butter on one slice of whole wheat toast, topped with either banana or apple slices.

I'll also do one egg and one egg white scrambled with onions, peppers, and tomatoes with a slice of whole wheat toast and a touch of hot sauce when I have time.

I haven't made it in a while, but I also like 6oz of Dannon All-Natural vanilla yogurt blended with frozen berries, half a banana, and just a splash of OJ to loosen it up.

All those breakfasts ring in at just around 300 calories.
  • fitmom125
    Options
    Great post. I had the same question at the of my mind too.
  • miaka1985
    Options
    I have Quaker Strawberries and Cream oatmeal every morning (Mon - Fri). Sometimes I add Turkey Sausage. When we have waffles or French toast at school I may substitute.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I've been doing just protein shakes with an added tablespoon of peanut butter for extra protein for breakfast lately. Although today I opted for a more 'traditional' approach and had oatmeal with 2 slices wheat toast w/ margarine spread, and a glass of milk....BAD idea! That meal ended up being over 600 calories!!!
  • SunsetRanch
    SunsetRanch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat on the run, so for a hot breakfast I have a toaster with an egg poacher attached ($24 on Amazon). I scramble one large egg and cook it in the poacher and toast two slices of 35 calorie/slice bread and have an egg sandwich. Total calories around 150.
  • stefa777
    stefa777 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I like to eat vitasandwiches (150 cal) or vitatops (100 cal). They are high in fiber and usually keep me going for a little while. I also occastionally make fruit/protien shakes these vary in calories depending on the protien shake you buy, and I add in my own fruit! It is very satisfying.:happy:
  • shanellereena
    Options
    Special K cinnamon and pecan cereal is great, and keeps me full until the evening.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I whole egg and 5 whites scrambled with some low fat cheese and a piece of Fiber one multi grain bread toasted with a little I can believe its not butter on the bread.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I rush at breakfast and need something fast, so I drink a Shakeology shake (its a meal replacement shake) and I add 1/2 tbsp peanut butter and half a banana, and it is so yummy!! It also cures my chocolate fixation for the day! LOL
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My favorite juice to have for breakfast is: one apple, 2 carrots, slice of fresh ginger, and one beet (trust me you can't taste the beet and it gives the drink a beautiful color) and I squeeze aslice lemon into it. This juice is under 150 calories. Just make sure you eat something a few hours after, like a hardboiled egg or something since it is a low calorie breakfast.
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    I usually have plain old fashioned oatmeal mixed with milled flaxseed or 2 eggs with whole wheat toast, or a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Triple Berry Crunch. I workout first thing in the morning so I need something with protein. I also have greek yogurt with all of these.