does tesco ultraslim work

Options
Hi i have decided to try the tesco ultra slim meal replacement shakes , as they are the most affordable meal replacement plan. Has anyone used these do they work?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Anything that puts you in a deficit will work, be it real food or shakes. The problem with shakes is that one gets tiredly them and goes back to real food, but hasn't really learned much about portion control, so the old eating habits creep back. Imho, you're better off to count calories and make,new, healthier habits.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Like anything if they give you a calorie deficit you will lose weight. Sustainability is another thing though. I would however say that they are not teaching you to make better choices yourself in your food. MFP is a great resource that enables you to control your food so why not make use of that. Whatever you decide good luck
  • rachelwernick3
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I have been on a calorie controlled diet since December and only lost 5lb ,I've decided to make a total life change so I can be the best healthiest happy mummy my children deserve, I am going to try ultra slim for 3 months and see if it works. I'm also going to join the gym and aqua zumba x
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    5lbs isn't as bad as you think it is. If you're looking to lose much faster then the likelihood is you'll lose lean muscle mass and put it back on when you eat properly. People have really unrealistic expectations of losing weight fast but a couple of lbs a month is actually ok.
  • rachelwernick3
    Options
    Normally I can lose a stone in a couple of weeks but I just don't seem to be losing as much as normal , guess I can only try again lol
  • Lmilesy30
    Lmilesy30 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi im going to buy some ultra slim shakes today,just to kick start my weight lose,how are you getting on with them?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    The only thing you'll lose is $$$
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Kind of old thread, so this is kind of directed at the OP, but also to anyone else reading/bumping the thread. If you really want to make a "total life change", then you need to learn to manage your weight (whether that means losing, to get to a healthy weight, or maintaining it) by eating normal food and normal meals. Meal replacements are never the answer for long-term change. Learn to eat real food in the appropriate portion sizes. Meal replacements let you off having to make decisions about how much to eat. For a lot of people, that's easier than dealing with food and appetite, but it means they never really learn to eat properly.

As for do they "work", or which is the most "effective" - all meal replacement shakes do is give you x number of calories, and so help you to create a calorie deficit. In that sense, they will all work as well as each other, and none has any particular weight loss "stuff" in it.
    Hi im going to buy some ultra slim shakes today,just to kick start my weight lose,how are you getting on with them?
    My best advice here would be to stop trying to "kick start" your weight loss. It's totally unnecessary. Just start. Start eating fewer calories than you burn (as in, burn in the whole day, not just what you burn through exercise). Any "kick start" that you see when you start a diet is water weight. Just start, and carry on... no meal replacements or other diet industry gimmicks needed. Track your food on MFP, hit your calorie goal and go from there.
  • NOMORECARS
    NOMORECARS Posts: 156
    Options
    Normally I can lose a stone in a couple of weeks but I just don't seem to be losing as much as normal , guess I can only try again lol
    My advice is to stop being obsessed with how much you weigh and concentrate on the QUALITY of food instead of the AMOUNT. If you want your body to be healthy and active you must give it large amounts of the correct nutrients. Remember, caloric deficits are usually also nutrient deficits. Instead of reducing calories, you should reduce the amount of non-nutritive garbage you are eating such as flour, sugar, white rice, processed oil. When you feed your body the correct nutrients it will be naturally satiated and you will be less likely to overeat. The reason people overeat is their bodies scream for nutrients which they don't get from garbage so they are always hungry. But they try to satisfy their hunger with more garbage which just perpetuates the cycle.