Exercising with Keratin Treated hair

Options
I would like to know your opinions about Keratin treatments and how well it holds up after numerous workouts. I am considering getting this done,

Any advise is greatly appreciated, however I'm specifically looking for black women with relaxed or natural hair (because that is what I have)

Replies

• Tisiwa
    Tisiwa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My cousin swears by it. She's all natural and has done the Keratin to straighten her hair.

My hair is all natural as well, but I have it braided up and weaved.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I workout before my hair is unbraided from two strand twists or unrolled from rollers. I stopped getting the treatments after three times and just chopped the straight ends off. The keratin treatment was also more expensive than a perm.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks. I currently relax my hair but I would like to go natural some day. I am hoping this might be good in between for me.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Jazmine,
    I did the kertain thing while transitioning. I just got tired of it because they wash your hair, put the stuff on, wash your hair, flat iron your hair, put conditioner on, etc. Not exactly in that order but after my third keratin treatment, that was it for me plus I couldn't understand why it was so expensive especially when compared to a perm. Sheesh.