How often do you weigh yourself??

Options
13»

Replies

• unicat01
    unicat01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    okay so for a very long time i have weighed myself daily, i wanted to see the fluctuations, hold myself accountable etc.. I would log my weight on mondays.. But recently, in the last couple days, I decided to stay off the scale except for the 15th, and the last day of each month..... hoping to like what I see when I weigh in july 15th (the end of this month probably won't be much if any, but we shall see)... just tired of seeing the ups and downs, and I know why they are there, so I have to just stop whats causing the ups ;)
  • GelasiaT
    GelasiaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once a week, but found myself getting discouraged when I didn't see any progress. Now I weigh every two weeks and that is working out really well for me. I agree with everyone else. If your someone that don't mind the ups and downs, every day could be ideal, however if you tend to get upset when you don't see any changes I'd recommend you going longer periods.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself several times a week. It helps keep me on track and also helps me figure out what contributes to little fluctuations.
  • Sparky1030
    Sparky1030 Posts: 163
    Options
    I like to weigh myself every day so I can see the differences from what I ate or the amount of exercise I did. I don't post it on MFP every day, but it just helps me keep on track.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I weigh in twice a day. I have a kidney transplant, so I need to see the fluctuations from bedtime to morning to make sure everything is still in good working order. I've actually lost a couple pounds over the course of the day just by drinking more water, but that is a very rare occurrence!
  • gerle1
    gerle1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answers and time. :)
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning, cause I like spreadsheets, and graphs. :laugh: Doesn't bug me to much to go up a few pounds cause I know, from my graphs/spreadsheet its totally normal for me and it always goes back down. Usually with a loss added. :drinker:

Same. I'm a data analyst for a living and I can't seem to stop myself from messing about with all my data...

Accountant here. Spreadsheets are one of my great joys. I love tracking the trend and I can't believe it took me this long to discover that method.

I weigh daily for my trend sheet and then log my trend weight on MFP every Monday.
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily for my body test for the wii fit
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and take a week long average.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale (I am poor) so I must go to Weight Loss Center of America or Weight Watchers to use theirs. I don't have a car (I am poor) so I must find a ride there. Every couple of months, more or less. Most recently, June 25; 121 lbs., same day as my profile pic.