Extra Calories??

Options
If I earn calories from working out, should I try to eat all those extra or just ignore them?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you're following MFP calculations, eat them.
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I ate back half of mine. That way I gave myself a margin of error for calories burned.
  • Censor76
    Censor76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to eat them but it's okay to keep a deficit, just be smart about it. If you exercise vigorously you should definitely eat more than you would on a non-exercise day. The point is to eat less, but eat enough to sustain yourself.
  • gina0217
    gina0217 Posts: 2
    Options
    what exacty is MFP? Nevermind....DUH?????:embarassed: thanks for all the great info!
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    If I earn calories from working out, should I try to eat all those extra or just ignore them?

This is my theory of eating back calories from exercise......Personally I dont eat them back....

Dont force those calories into your day. Dont feel like since you burned 500 that you plan to add in 250 for dinner. (dont make the mistake and eat back too many as the burns are notoriously HIGH on many sites/machines).
    Instead, if you do get an extra XXXXX calories from exercise save them up for a snack if you just feel you cannot do without and are hungry. If you plan them into your regular meal lets say, you body wont send up the signals to your brain in time that you are full so therefore you may have just added in those calories for no reason.

I save them for later in the evening.....if I get to the point i need it...I will eat them at that point.

That is just MY working theory and how I do things.

Now, on the flipside there are times I will purposely do a longer and harder workout to burn more calories for a special event/meal/party that I have planned for that evening, but on a daily basis..I dont aet them back.