High Protein, low carb, low fat foods

Options

Replies

• merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese is awesome. A lot of people tend to like theirs on the sweeter side (like with some jam or fruit), but I like mine spicy and flavorful! I love putting Trader Joe's South African Smoke spice blend in it. I've even tried spicy curry powder for an Indian kick!
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Can you buy that in the uk?

Not sure. Amazon UK does sell a nice button though:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Handkäse-25mm-Button-Badge/dp/B00HRX8Y38

31PR7-vukuL._SX385_.jpg
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I don't like cottage cheese I know people are trying to be helpful but I've said this a few times.
  • aneary1980
    Options
    Can you buy that in the uk?

Not sure. Amazon UK does sell a nice button though:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Handkäse-25mm-Button-Badge/dp/B00HRX8Y38

31PR7-vukuL._SX385_.jpg

Love it!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Tilapia, Cod, Cape Capensis, flank steak, shrimp, scallops, mussels...
  • aneary1980
    Options

scallops I love although can you cook them without frying them??
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have used this as well ( Protein Powder) and I have really liked it. Plus I talked to my Doctor and she was all for it!!! She wants me to get around 120 gr. a day of Protein, and trying to fit that into 1200 calories can be challenging!
  • aneary1980
    Options
    I have used this as well and I have really liked it. Plus I talked to my Doctor and she was all for it!!! She wants me to get around 120 gr. a day of Protein, and trying to fit that into 1200 calories can be challenging!

Used what?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Sure, why not! A little olive oil to prevent sticking and you can throw the big ones on the grill. Also, no reason why you can't pan sautee with EVOO. You can probably even steam them if you want. They won't have AS much flavor, but that eliminates using fat altogether (although, you need fat in your diet).
  • kay8577
    kay8577 Posts: 7
    Options
    have u tried oatmeal that has some good protein in it.
  • thomaseggleton
    Options
    If you have a costco membership, they sell Sunrise Farms Chicken Breast burgers in Canada. 31 grams of protein, 12 grams of fat, 230 grams of sodium for 190 calories. Just under a dollar per burger (16 per pack).
  • aneary1980
    Options

Sure, why not! A little olive oil to prevent sticking and you can throw the big ones on the grill. Also, no reason why you can't pan sautee with EVOO. You can probably even steam them if you want. They won't have AS much flavor, but that eliminates using fat altogether (although, you need fat in your diet).

That's great, I have quite a bit of fat already so trying to cut back and add more protein
  • QueenKori
    QueenKori Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump bump... so I can read later lol I need some new protein food ideas.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    pork tenderloin is another good lean protein.
  • queensandria
    Options
    Great protein packed foods are peas(i love peas), oatmeal, bananas, flax and nuts (although nuts are high in fat so that might not be an option). Its surprising how much protein peas have xD
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Here is a nice list:

http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/protein-foods.html

I don't know the highest. I'd guess liver, but have no idea why I think that and it's probably wrong.

Chicken breast, tuna and eggs are probably my favorites. You'll find yours. :)
  • Odinisgod
    Odinisgod Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Think lean meats. Grilled skinless boneless chicken breast is my go-to meal when I need a protein boost. If you are looking for something more snack-ready, try canned white albacore tuna in water (just eat it right out of the can).
  • seehowyousoar
    seehowyousoar Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later read!
  • cad412
    cad412 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am not a fan of cottage cheese either (I have texture issues) but a friend convinced me to put it in the blender with plain yogurt (equal amounts of each) throw in some strawberries and sweeten it with a little stevia to taste. It tastes like strawberry cheese cake and helps add protein into your diet. It really is delicious.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    chicken/turkey breast, tuna, shrimp, scallop, lobster, and some white fish. Salmon is very good but on the slightly higher calorie count side.