What is your go-to meal/day after overeating?

Options
Andiebeanluvsu
Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
I had a date night with my husband followed by a birthday party, and I went over my calories for the last two days. I'm not looking for a fad diet or cleanse, just meal ideas that will help me feel less crappy.

Replies

• takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Don't stress it. Just consider it a blip on the radar.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Don't stress it. Just consider it a blip on the radar.

this , today is a new day, just carry on like it never happened !
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My go-to meal is salmon, brown rice and a salad or kale...
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    I had a date night with my husband followed by a birthday party, and I went over my calories for the last two days. I'm not looking for a fad diet or cleanse, just meal ideas that will help me feel less crappy.

Drink lots of water, and do it everyday. Don`t stress over what's in the past, you can`t change it. So work on now and plan for tomorrow, and you will be fine.
  • ashley0314
    ashley0314 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Drink lots of water, and do it everyday. Don`t stress over what's in the past, you can`t change it. So work on now and plan for tomorrow, and you will be fine.

This is sooooo true. You can't change the past, so use it as a reminder of why you're eating healthy and counting calories. Water and back on track ASAP! We all have our days where we just suck at eating good, a healthy lifestyle is an ongoing process and we're always going to have off days.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

This is sooooo true. You can't change the past, so use it as a reminder of why you're eating healthy and counting calories. Water and back on track ASAP! We all have our days where we just suck at eating good, a healthy lifestyle is an ongoing process and we're always going to have off days.

This.... Did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and just drank a ton of water and still had a good loss for the week. Best to you..
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the "forgive yourself and move forward" deal, but I also try to really watch what I eat after having a few bad days. I usually try to include a fresh salad, along with tofu shirataki pasta and light sauce. And, as many others have said, LOTS OF WATER! :)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I just go back to my regularly scheduled diary entries after a day of overindulgence. Heck, even after a week or two of it (went on vacation, tracked what I could and blew up my calories, even though I'm already tracking calories for a bulk). Turns out, I didn't help gain anything from it (though for almost a week my scale went up). Don't punish yourself for living. After all, this is all about making sustainable habits for life
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I naturally usually crave a big salad with a protein if I've been bad for a period of time. But I love salads, so that's not too much of a sacrifice for me. Honestly, anything you like that fits comfortable in your macros should set you back on the right track digestively and mentally.
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat salads when I feel blah because of poor eating. It helps me feel better to eat lots of veggies and some protein. This is a common thing for me to eat anyway, so it is just sort of habit. I don't do it with the intention of eating fewer calories. Its to make myself feel physically better.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    my go-to is just going back to normal eating. even though i tend to see an up-tick on the scale, within a day or two its back down and i am back on track.
  • tlh2661
    tlh2661 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone else said, don't stress over it too much. We all deserve credit for trying to eat healthier and a slip every once in a while is perfectly ok. My birthday is coming up and I know I'll want a piece of cake, so the day before and the day after I am going to eat a little less than usual. Lots of water too !
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I try to eat light but still have my calories. Drink extra water. Dont sweat it, life happens...
  • davis978
    davis978 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just love this soup after heavier days. (I know summer isn't soup season, but I eat this all year.) It's so comforting and filling, very low in calories (reduce the cheese sprinkled on top) and it just makes me feel great, whether I have overeaten or not!

http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/jacques-pepin-instant-vegetable-soup-recipe
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Funny this topic came up. I actually am going to be over my calories today as well. Our office bought lunch today and even though I filled half my plate with salad, I'm still going to over calories because of the other food on my plate (a small serving of eggplant parm and penne pasta with vodka sauce). Oh, and a chocolate covered strawberry lol.

My plan is to make sure I get in cardio today and get back on track tomorrow.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Lots of lean protein, fruits and veggies, and especially water usually help me feel better. Eggs, Greek yogurt, chicken breast all seem to make my body less angry at me
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My go-to is normally eggs and oats. Good slow digesting carb breakfast coupled with good fats and a great source of protein. I'll put a slice of white american cheese between the oats and eggs and eat that just about every morning. Only takes 5 minutes to make...and fills you up without making you feel bad.

It'll also help push last nights meal through...lol
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Morning after: egg white omelet with cheese but no meat (because I don't want too much sodium) and a little piece of bread (around 40g of whole wheat bread).

Snack: a little can of flavored tuna.

Lunch: ploughman's lunch with 2 oz of cooked meat (I usually have some leftovers like chicken or turkey or pork), a piece of cheese, one hard boiled egg, raw veggies with hummus, 4 or 5 crackers.

Snack: greek yogurt.

Dinner: grilled chicken with a big flavorful marinade so it won't be boring (like, some jerk chicken with a lot of spicyness) and a half a baked sweet potato.

You'll be around 1500 cals, and you will feel full and happy with your day.

EDIT: lots of water. Loooooots of.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I look at what I ate, and make a list of how I could improve. Then, I move on and go back to what I did before I overate.