Calling all the UK- Anyone else want to join the North vs So

Options
Hi Everyone!

Following a random idea on the Team UK thread, we thought it might be fun to have a light-hearted North vs South UK Biggest Loser challenge.

At the moment we've got 3 potential teams, as it was suggested that the Scots could have their own team, in addition to the North and South. We haven't heard from anyone in Wales or Ireland- if there is enough interest it could turn into a 5 nations tournament! We've already got half a dozen interested in each of the north and south teams, but only 2 Scots so far, so come on guys- break out the clan tartan...

It doesn't matter which day you weigh yourself on, as long as I have a weight for that week by midday every Saturday (I will be weighing on Saturday morning), which gives me a fighting chance of being able to update the table promptly. You will need to give me actual weights, rather than pounds lost, as I will turn it into a percentage like on The Biggest Loser so it doesn't matter so much if the teams are unequal numbers or are closer to their target weights, and new people can continue to sign up after the start.

If you are interested, add me as a friend and message me with which team you want to be on, your starting weight and which day you intend to weigh on and I will add you to the table. We start on Saturday 15th January 2011, for 8 weeks in the first instance. I'll publish the results from week 1 on Saturday 22nd. Don't worry if you miss it- you can join anytime.

So grit your teeth, get your plan of campaign sorted and LETS GET LOSING!

All the best,
Ros x

Disclaimer: There will be no £25,000 prize for the winning team. They will just be allowed a little leeway to make derogatory remarks about soft southerners, black puddings/ flat caps, deep fried mars bars etc in the interests of regional pride :wink:

Replies

• Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Bother. It didn't tell me the characters were going to be that limited on the topic title, and I can't edit it!
  • hayley26d
    hayley26d Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I will join.

Im on the north team
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i'm in the north too! i'm in
  • Lynnah
    Lynnah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea - I'd like to join the South team :) (shall send a message too)
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    is east midlands north or south lol i have no idea?
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Sorry Lushy20- I forgot to put that bit on this thread!

Choose whichever team you are emotionally most likely to be motivated to support. If you still have no preference, the consensus seems to be the Watford Gap test.

NN6 7UZ is the postcode for Watford Gap Services on the M1. Stick it in google maps, and see whether you are north or south of it!
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    I have mailed you!
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    Sign me up as a Northerner! :bigsmile:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I love this idea what better motivation, than to beat a bunch of southerners :tongue:
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm in the south through an through!!! Will send a message now!
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    grrrrrrr

Northern Munkies vs Southern Softies !! We'll soon show the Munkies what's what :p
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Northern Irelander wanting to get in on this :smile:

Will send message now!
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Sign me up as a Southerner! I live in the Midlands but grew up in the South so I feel most attached to that region :smile:
  • savagegirl
    savagegirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've sent a message. I'll join the North as I'm from Birmingham :-)
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    im a northerner then :) will send message
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm south. Will MSG u sat morning as that's weigh in day
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Another Southerner signing in :bigsmile:
  • zydratethief
    Options
    Southerner here!!
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    team south all the way.

Rosy make sure the numbers are even if we are using just above watford as the north. I'm sure Guildford will bring in alot of south members as half of teams uk thread is about my fantastic home town this month lol:laugh:
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    South!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I the only one in the South West????!!!!