I could be having fruit for all the cals/sugar in my coffee!

Options
What?! That's crazy! So I'm a little slow :blushing: but I'm so happy to have finally figured it out! I think I'll stick to oolong tea and water for a while and see what other things I might learn. :wink: Yay, me! It's the little things, I guess....

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have the coffee.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Coffee only has like 2 calories in it. Its the heavy cream and sugar that make it higher in calories. I have 1 tablespoon of Sweet cream creamer in my coffee and only one cup a day,(or I get shaky), so I only use about 37 calories for it. I have to have my morning cup of coffee. :)
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been putting 2 tablespoons of International Delight Hazelnut in my coffee, which is 70 cals, 12 carbs and 3 fat (!). I think I can cut it back to 1 tablespoon. :flowerforyou:
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    yeah, when i started drinking coffee 5 years ago i was using a ton of french vanilla sweetner plus several spoonfuls of sugar. Not shockingly when I gained 10 lbs in a year it was pretty much exactly the amount of additional calories I'd been adding to my coffee!

Now I still drink coffee every morning but with just a splash of skim milk.
  • laurabritton54
    laurabritton54 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I MUST have my coffee. I use 1 t sugar, a couple T skim milk, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I have two 12oz cups a day and it comes in at 70 calories all together.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's all personal preference! I like full fat dairy creamer in my coffee, though lately I've been having to settle for half and half. Nothing wrong with spending some calories on your coffee if that is what you like!
  • minnesoootan
    Options
    Weaning myself to black coffee was super hard, but one of the best decisions I've ever made. All the fun of being able to function in the morning with hardly any calories! It took some getting used to, and some time to get all the way down, but boy am I happy I did it.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    when it comes to my coffee, three words come to mind: cold. dead. hands.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Yup... and I enjoy my nasty vanilla creamer :bigsmile: and will budget for it accordingly LOL I don't eat much in the mornings anyway lol
  • TechMike
    TechMike Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee as black as midnight on a moonless night.

I find that good coffee has just too much flavor for me to dilute/cover it with cream and sugar.

Granted, I spent much of my college years loading it full of cream and sugar.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Funny! After only half a day with no coffee.... Yes, I would pry it from your cold, dead hands....