Childish Food Habits

Options

Replies

• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I need to have equal amounts of stuff like popcorn or nuts or grapes or chewy candy, etc., so I can chew an equal amount on each side of my mouth. It's just food of that size and shape(ish), too.

I know, I know...major OCD.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    The main one I have is fish... Tuna cannot be warm, etc... No tuna steak, no casserole... Straight out of the can or package, with nothing added except some salt.. As for other fish - can't be cold.. LOL
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I eat my foods one at a time, in order from least favorite to most favorite. All my chicken will get eaten first, then all the veggies, then all the carbs. I never take bites of different things in between food items.

How many different ways have you tried veggies? I have an aversion to a lot of crunchy foods/veggies, but I can eat them steamed or boiled.

I've had them raw - too crunchy for me
    Steamed - pretty much the best way for me
    broiled - only if topped with something to add a little salt or taste (pepper flakes, panko, etc)
    stewed - which is my living nightmare
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I will not let my food touch and I also eat one thing at a time. I have divided plates at home to assure that my food doesn't touch lol waitresses love me!

I am the same, however I am getting over it and no longer use divided plates. But still can't have my cream corn touch my mashed potatoes. :sick: (my husband puts his corn on top of his mashed potatoes, makes my skin crawl.) LOL
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I need to have equal amounts of stuff like popcorn or nuts or grapes or chewy candy, etc., so I can chew an equal amount on each side of my mouth. It's just food of that size and shape(ish), too.

I know, I know...major OCD.

We share in this one... If I start my meal on one side, I need to chew each spoon/forkful on alternate sides until Im done. I always start with the right side and I damned well better end on the left....

I LOVE that I can share this with like-minded people! Thank you!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I still open an Oreo and lick the middle first. Once that's all gone I dunk one half of the cookie with milk and eat it part soggy/part crunchy. Then the final piece I put whole into my mouth and let it get soggy on my tongue and roof of my mouth before eating it.

As a result I still love Oreos as much as when I was a kid.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I eat my foods one at a time, in order from least favorite to most favorite. All my chicken will get eaten first, then all the veggies, then all the carbs. I never take bites of different things in between food items.

How many different ways have you tried veggies? I have an aversion to a lot of crunchy foods/veggies, but I can eat them steamed or boiled.

I've had them raw - too crunchy for me
    Steamed - pretty much the best way for me
    broiled - only if topped with something to add a little salt or taste (pepper flakes, panko, etc)
    stewed - which is my living nightmare

Have you tried stir frying them with other things? That will give a texture close to steamed if you cook them long enough, and the taste can be covered with sauces. There's no rule that says you have to eat them by themselves.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I like to dip my Dinosaur chicken nuggets in honey, and pretend they're stuck in a tar pit.

yes-awesome-oldschool.gif

There are so many disgusting things I loathe in food (like relish & onions), but topping the list would be mayo and pimentos.

Mayo is disgusting and it ruins everything it touches. It adds no flavor to anything. It's just slime. 'Oh, this sandwich isn't slimy enough for you? Let's put some mayo on it!' No . . . let's not. Every creamy sauce that is made with mayo is fail.

Pimentos - I hate the way they smell and I hate the way they taste. Perfectly good olives are destroyed everyday by pimentos! Picking them out of the food is useless because everything gets infused with pimento. I was at my sister's house when she baked a casserole with pimentos in it. The smell of pimentos was so bad I had to sit by an open window just to keep from vomiting.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I still open an Oreo and lick the middle first. Once that's all gone I dunk one half of the cookie with milk and eat it part soggy/part crunchy. Then the final piece I put whole into my mouth and let it get soggy on my tongue and roof of my mouth before eating it.

I only do this to check and make sure there's no spiders.

spider-in-oreo-enhanced-2.jpg
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    I can only eat vegetables in a few ways. NEVER raw; the texture of raw veggies triggers my gag reflex like none other.
    I've blended certain veggies like carrots and kale into smoothies. This can be either awesome or disgusting depending on how high quality your blender is. The cheapos tend to leave bite size pieces floating around which grosses me out. With the high tech ones like vitamix or something similar, it usually turns out okay.
    The other way I'll eat veggies is if they've been cooked a long time and are super melt-in-your-mouth like. Usually there's a soup/crock pot situation happening.
    I can't do salad. Nope. Never. I wanna vom just thinking of it.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I don't really drink milk much anymore, just don't enjoy it. Unless I am having chili, then I have to have milk. My dad and brother are the same way, so I guess that is where I learned it.

If eating M&Ms, I separate by color and eat the one with the least amount first. Can not just put a handful in my mouth...at least it slows me down.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Oh God... Spider in the oreo...
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    When I am eating french fries or potato chips, which is only a rare treat now, I always eat them in size order, smallest to largest.

My husband does this!
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I wish there were foods I could not eat. Unfortunately, the entire world of food is my oyster. Mmmmmmm.....oysters! :drinker:

:drinker:
    Same!!!

Well...

except for olives, caviar, and pickles.:sick:
  • Kelly1552013
    Kelly1552013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I, too, have a food touch/mix aversion. Buffets and potlucks are a nightmare! However, I do not have to eat all of one thing before moving on to another.

No seafood of any kind - I don't like the way it squeaks against my teeth. Same for mushrooms. Can use cream of mush. soup in many casseroles, but not fresh 'shrooms.

Casseroles, you may ask, but I thought you had a food touch aversion? There are some things that are meant to go together like mashed potatoes and gravy or ground beef, peas, potatoes, and cream of XX soup. Those are ok. But if corn and peas are seved in different dishes they'd better not touch after they are on my plate!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I only do this to check and make sure there's no spiders.

spider-in-oreo-enhanced-2.jpg

Well... that's ruined my life. :drinker:
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I can't eat meat if it's cooked on the bone (not a huge meat fan anyways, and I HATE chocolate!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    i hate you so much right now.
    20140630_151143_zpsc71ee7b9.jpg
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Texture is a weird thing, that's why I won't eat coconut, raw mushrooms (will eat cooked) and most fish.
  • fatbegone85
    Options
    i hate you so much right now.
    20140630_151143_zpsc71ee7b9.jpg

That is so hilarious. I laughed out loud.