Over Coming Night Time Binges

Options
2»

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Maybe you want them because you keep telling yourself you can't have them. If you plan your day for it then why not let yourself have it?

I have given up a lot of bad foods. I save some calories for after dinner and if I want it I have a hot chocolate. That's my thing. What is it you want that you keep saying you can't have? Try a lighter version of it and save it for only at night. Do not have it at any other time during the day. It will give you incentive to do good for the rest of the day if you know you have some small treat at the end of the day.

It might also make you eat a little lighter at dinner if you don't feel like your getting your last meal of the day, and are afraid to go hungry in the night.
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem as well. Last night was really bad. It's usually worse when I don't work out that day. I decided to drink some water, go to bed early and read for a while and it got my mind off of it. Then I got sleepy and there was no issue. I do however wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and crave sugar and chocolate. I keep little bites of things because if I deny myself it I will go crazy. So like a low fat peppermint patty miniature or a hershey's with almonds mininature. Something small but it eases the craving. Maybe some day the cravings will go away completely!!!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Nightime is my worst as well......I always save some calories for a healthy snack....if I want sweet or chocolate I have a bowl of kellogs chocolately delight cereal or if I want salty I have a bag of orville redenbachers natural salt and pepper or lime and salt flavored popcorn.......and waking up the next morning and knowing I overcame that nightime binge of unhealthy food makes me sooooo happy!
  • mustang52
    Options
    Maybe you want them because you keep telling yourself you can't have them. If you plan your day for it then why not let yourself have it?

I have given up a lot of bad foods. I save some calories for after dinner and if I want it I have a hot chocolate. That's my thing. What is it you want that you keep saying you can't have? Try a lighter version of it and save it for only at night. Do not have it at any other time during the day. It will give you incentive to do good for the rest of the day if you know you have some small treat at the end of the day.

It might also make you eat a little lighter at dinner if you don't feel like your getting your last meal of the day, and are afraid to go hungry in the night.
  • mustang52
    Options
    That really makes sense! Thank you!!!

I also like the ideas of recording your snacks at the beginning of the day, and deleting what is not used by days end.

Thanks again to all of you for your advise.

M
  • SerendipityGrace
    Options
    Sounds strange, but best tip I ever got is to brush your teeth. That's helped me alot.