115 pound and still have a big belly? why wont it go

Options
i have lost 40 pound and am now 115 at the height of 5 feet even. i did circuit training and weights for a year. all of me if skinny yet my stomach has not budged! i read some people on here saying no matter how hard they try, even at their skinniest, always had stomach fat and that it is genetic and there is absolutely nothing that can be done for it except for liposuction. reading those comments put me down since my goal, though it may seem silly to others, is to have a flat stomach. that's all. is it true what ppl say, it will never go away? i do remember in my teen years being skinny with a pooch but i never tried to get rid of it through exercising and counting calories like i am now. help?

Replies

• christinelast
    Options
    i am 25 female
  • allyc_412
    allyc_412 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Why not try some sort of pilates or yoga? Something more to tone!

I am doing PiYo from Beachbody now and its been a good toning for my arms (or so I hope!!).
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    are you sure part of the pooch isn't loose skin? i have loose skin on my belly, and even years ago when i was slender, there was some loose skin.
  • christinelast
    Options
    pilates and yoga tone?
  • christinelast
    Options
    are you sure part of the pooch isn't loose skin? i have loose skin on my belly, and even years ago when i was slender, there was some loose skin.

its def fat.
  • LazerMole
    LazerMole Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's not due to inflammation in your guts?

My waist size changes dramatically when I eat an anti-inflammation diet (no sugar, no starches, no grains). Might be the answer to your woes.
  • LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    heavy lifting. look into 5x5 stronglifts or new rules of lifting for women.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    pilates and yoga tone?

No.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Why not try some sort of pilates or yoga? Something more to tone!

I am doing PiYo from Beachbody now and its been a good toning for my arms (or so I hope!!).

I second this approach! Also you cant always tone away a part of your body that has spent a great seal of time being over weight. I have a lil belly. I wear a size 4
    Go yoga go :)
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    pilates and yoga tone?

No.

yes very much so. In hot hotha I could stand on my head. DO you have any idea the ab strength that takes?
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You can't tone fat.

What is your diet like?
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I agree with what another poster said about abdominal bloat...I can look 5 months pregnant almost instantly if I eat certain foods. You might take a look at your diet and see if anything is sabotaging your goals.

Otherwise, you can tone the abdominal muscles, but if you have deposits of fat, the only way to lose them is to decrease your overall bodyfat composition.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    pilates and yoga tone?

No.

yes very much so. In hot hotha I could stand on my head. DO you have any idea the ab strength that takes?

Wrong. Standing on your head and having strong abdominals has nothing to do with the amount of fat covering them. Eating at a deficit and lifting heavy weights reduces body fat. OP, yoga will get you nowhere as far as a flat belly, do not listen to this person.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor? Some women get fibroids which can make your belly look larger.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i have strong abs - and a huge belly. unfortunately you can have both. i can whip out decline situps all day long, can do ab pulldowns at 160 for multiple sets.
  • christinelast
    Options
    my diet is i follow the iifym method. i have 1410 cals a day, and i get bloodwork to see if i had celic disease where i may be allergic to specific foods and it came back normal. however i dont seem to have enough protein as myfitness pal has it set. it says to have 106 g protein but i only get 30-60 grams
  • christinelast
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor? Some women get fibroids which can make your belly look larger.

my belly is very wobbly and not too hard, so i dont think its anything but fat
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    lift weight, heavy weights now if you haven't started...it will take some time, method and patience. but you will see result...maybe not as flat as Miranda Kerr, but flatter than when you are not lifting.
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    my diet is i follow the iifym method. i have 1410 cals a day, and i get bloodwork to see if i had celic disease where i may be allergic to specific foods and it came back normal. however i dont seem to have enough protein as myfitness pal has it set. it says to have 106 g protein but i only get 30-60 grams

Definitely up your protein! I also agree with the others that have said do some lifting. Do you drink much water?