115 pound and still have a big belly? why wont it go

Options

Replies

• christinelast
    Options
    my diet is i follow the iifym method. i have 1410 cals a day, and i get bloodwork to see if i had celic disease where i may be allergic to specific foods and it came back normal. however i dont seem to have enough protein as myfitness pal has it set. it says to have 106 g protein but i only get 30-60 grams

Definitely up your protein! I also agree with the others that have said do some lifting. Do you drink much water?

not as much as i should
  • christinelast
    Options
    is lifting necessary for a flat stomach?
  • christinelast
    Options
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    lift weight, heavy weights now if you haven't started...it will take some time, method and patience. but you will see result...maybe not as flat as Miranda Kerr, but flatter than when you are not lifting.

:heart:

My stats are similar to yours, but I'l a little older :ohwell:
    45yrs old, 5', CW 123, GW 115.

Go lift heavy things :wink:
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am also having this issue. Height; 5ft - Weight; 108lbs - GW; 95lbs. I have a little pouch left and I'm wondering if it's excess skin or fat.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I would do as the others are saying.. Keep working on your deficit (it does look like you have a some fat left there, not loose skin), and lifting weights would probably be great for you.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Water *may* make a difference. It could be as simple as bloating or water retention. You could always try upping your water to see if helps! :)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    is lifting necessary for a flat stomach?

A flat stomach requires a low enough bf% that your body takes fat off the area. That part (how low bf%) is determined by genetics.

Heavy lifting (not circuit training) makes it a whole lot easier to have the flat stomach because you can adjust your bf% without losing too much weight, and allows you to eat more than simply losing weight (which may be fat or muscle if you aren't lifting). It's also goof for you in other ways, like increasing strength and preserving bone density.
  • 68berry67
    68berry67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I feel your pain:) I am 113lbs and 47 years old. I'm close to 5'5inches. In high school I weighed about what I do now. I have NEVER had that really flat belly you see in the magazines. I can see after nearly a year of lifting that my belly is going to be more rounded. My body stores it's extra fat stores on my belly. I went down an entire band and cup size in my bra though lol. I only lost 10lbs total, I had gotten back into the gym just to get in shape. My overall waist is smaller too by a couple of inches. My sister in law is 110 lbs at about 5 ft tall and She is HIPPY, but has a really flat stomach... Go figure. She wants my legs and I want her gut. I am not going to recommend specific nutrition because everyone is really different. It may be worth a visit to a nutritionist to see if there are specific dietary ways to help you achieve your goals along with weight lifting.
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    pilates and yoga tone?

No.

yes very much so. In hot hotha I could stand on my head. DO you have any idea the ab strength that takes?

Wrong. Standing on your head and having strong abdominals has nothing to do with the amount of fat covering them. Eating at a deficit and lifting heavy weights reduces body fat. OP, yoga will get you nowhere as far as a flat belly, do not listen to this person.

You can not pinch an inch on my body! Yoga helped me get there. It is a good way of toning and burning calories, Its ding dammed exercise isn't it??? Have you EVER seen a fat yoga instructor? Yoga bodies are sexy
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    pilates and yoga tone?

No.

yes very much so. In hot hotha I could stand on my head. DO you have any idea the ab strength that takes?

Wrong. Standing on your head and having strong abdominals has nothing to do with the amount of fat covering them. Eating at a deficit and lifting heavy weights reduces body fat. OP, yoga will get you nowhere as far as a flat belly, do not listen to this person.

You can not pinch an inch on my body! Yoga helped me get there. It is a good way of toning and burning calories, Its ding dammed exercise isn't it??? Have you EVER seen a fat yoga instructor? Yoga bodies are sexy

good for you~

i have tried yoga but not long enough to speak (honestly I don't like it) and as for yoga instructors, I have seen all shapes...with big belly or without...
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Hard to say for sure w/out knowing how you have trained and your BF%, but there is definitely an inherited body type that stores more fat around the middle.
  • TutuMom41
    Options
    I am also having this issue. Height; 5ft - Weight; 108lbs - GW; 95lbs. I have a little pouch left and I'm wondering if it's excess skin or fat.

your goal weight puts your BMI at 18.55 with a BMI of 18.5 being under weight. Maybe stop trying to loose and just try and tone. You are 19 years old. Yoga will help you! It uses your body as resistance to build muscle. There is also power yoga with is cardio. Cross fit is extremely popular being able to lift your own body weight is pretty cool. Find Something you like and stick with it. Find a more reasonable weight goal Lots of people think loosing weight when they are not over weight is the answer to loosing the belly roll but the truth is skinny people can be fat. I say tone, tone and tone again. There are so many ways to go about that.
  • TutuMom41
    Options
    pilates and yoga tone?

No.

good for you~

i have tried yoga but not long enough to speak (honestly I don't like it) and as for yoga instructors, I have seen all shapes...with big belly or without...
    those are not the usual eye candy hired in fancy yoga places :wink:
  • hookilau
    Options

I have to agree here. While I love yoga class, vinyasa being my favorite, when we have substitute teachers, they come in all shapes & sizes. Oddly, the best one we've got at our gym is a plump little lady, but she knows her stuff like nobody's business :laugh:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

I have to agree here. While I love yoga class, vinyasa being my favorite, when we have substitute teachers, they come in all shapes & sizes. Oddly, the best one we've got at our gym is a plump little lady, but she knows her stuff like nobody's business :laugh:

i've seen all shapes & sizes too. and my sister recently told me that her favorite instructor is a heavier set lady who has a bit of a belly. She loves taking her classes because she is quite flexible, knows how to instruct well and is very knowledgeable.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Have you EVER seen a fat yoga instructor?

Yup.

And your point is....?

To the OP - listen to those suggesting lifting.
  • TutuMom41
    Options

Yup.

And your point is....?

I agree with lifting but as far as yoga I will let my weight loss speak for itself. I became very involved.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options

Yup.

And your point is....?

I agree with lifting but as far as yoga I will let my weight loss speak for itself. I became very involved.

Good for you :)
  • hookilau
    Options
    687871_o.gif