What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a six month gym membership today and a session with a personal trainer to get me started! So happy to be finally doing this!

Welcome, you will feel better and enjoy things more if you work hard and stick to it =D Glad to have you!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I was sore from a leg workout, and was saying "ou, ou." Another lady said to to another lady, "even saying 'ou,' she's so feminine."
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    StrongHealthyPowerful Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    For three days last week I was out of my normal routine while visiting my sister on her farm. Did a fair amount of physical labor, but ate like a farmer along with it. When I got back I was really worried that I may just slide off the wagon again after a really good and dedicated month. Yesterday, I ate well and ran almost three miles. Good to know I can have a couple less than stellar days and not let it phase me.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A while ago I bought a bra and it didn't fit, but it was in the sale so I didn't take it back. Now it fits!

I'm also wearing a size 16 top I haven't been able to wear for years. I don't think it's a "real" size 16, but it's more the fact that it fits and didn't used to!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My latest NSV is getting poor customer service at Torrid and asked by the clerk if I knew their sizes start at 12 (I currently wear a 12). Then EXCELLENT customer service in 3 other non plus stores.
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Working out with my trainer yesterday, she had me test out some new circuits she's been working on. I was unsure, but she said "I want to test them with you because you're really strong, so that will help me know if I need to modify them."

It felt so amazing to hear someone say that I am strong. I would not have called myself that, but then talking to my trainer I realized that since starting to train with her 6 months ago, I've gone from barely being able to use 3lb weights or hold a plank for 10 seconds, I now regularly use 20lb weights, and can hold a plank for over 1:30.

And I was able to do all of the new circuits completely, and well! I felt like such a badass after my workout! It was a nice reminder that even if the scale isn't always showing it, my body really is changing and responding well to my efforts.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Ran 5+ miles on Saturday and didn't want to die on Sunday. And yesterday, I went through my not-yet clothes closet and moved a couple of pairs of trousers into the I-can-wear-them-to-school-this-year closet. :bigsmile:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I've spent the weekend wearing an old pair of my husband's jeans, with a belt because they were too big for me. Granted, they were miles too big on him because he wasn't sent the size he ordered, but he *did* wear them several times, even though he's skinny as a rail.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Several fitness NSV's from this last week:
    1) 2 mile run in 13:42 (6:25 min/mi pace)
    2) 7.6 mile run in 1:01:30 (8:06 min/mi pace)
    *both of these were the fastest at their respective distances since starting losing weight
    3) Continued to bump up my weights on SL5x5
    - now up to 155lb squat, 155lb bench, 205lb dead lift, 105lb overhead press and 140lb row!

I've always been a runner (20 yrs of soccer) so while I'm proud of the first two, it's the weight lifting that impresses myself. I only started lifting "heavy" weights about a month ago.

Other NSV have been moving from 38x30 pants to 34x30 (and these are starting to feel loose), XL shirts to M shirts, self confidence to go shirtless on the beach...I've even gone shirtless once while running without worrying about my "moobs" flapping all over the place LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!