Greek Yogurt Recipes?

Options
Rlavigne93
Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
I've been in love with greek yogurt lately, but I want to find ways to eat more of the plain fat free kind.

Any ideas what to add to make it tasty without too much sugar or carbs added?

All I've been doing is mixing it with ranch mix for dips, and replacing sour cream or cream cheese in recipes.

Replies

• fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    Add stevia (natural sweetener), cocoa powder. You could also add extracts. I like coffee extract and vanilla.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love it with pb2 and a bit of stevia, or with fruit and a bit of stevia.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I get raspberries and smush them a bit with the back of a spoon and mix them with plain greek yoghurt, and add a little bit of honey and/or vanilla extract.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mix it with a little dill pickle relish and a bit of lemon juice to use as tartar sauce.

Mix it with salsa for salad dressing, giving it a tex mex flavor.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I use it as a replacement for sour cream and Mayo in everything. I do a lot of cooking and baking and use it in everything. I make all of my salad dressing favorites with it. Dips of all kinds. I also use Fat Free Cream cheese with it for fruit dips. There are alot of recipes out there using it.
    I just made some fruit & yogurt protein pops (Yummy) 56Cals & 8 grams protein. Google "recipes with Greek Yogurt" (lots there) also search on Pinerest-Lots there too.
    Have fun with it!:drinker:
  • pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just add a little bit of strawberry jam. You can use low sugar jam if your worried about the sugar. Its actually easier to mix since its more watery
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made my own homemade ranch dip and it was delicious. I just eyeballed the spices, but I took 2 tbsp. of yogurt and mixed in dried dill, onion powder, garlic powder, and dried parsley. I smeared it on a whole wheat tortilla and added boiled shredded chicken for a wrap. It was really good and probably less sodium than the premixed ranch stuff.

I also did a tuna salad for lunch with cucumbers, avocado, red onions, yogurt, spicy brown mustard, and a squirt of lemon juice. By far the best tuna salad I've ever had!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    240 grams greek yoghurt
    1 very ripe banana
    150 grams of frozen forest fruits / berries

In a blender.

Seriously the most delicious breakfast you will ever have. It's like ice cream.

I also always add two scoops of vanilla protein powder or vanilla slimfast, but only because I start work at 6am and my first break isn't until 12:30. I need the protein and energy to keep me standing up for that long without any food.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Turn it into labneh -- yogurt cheese. Just google labneh recipes and you'll find plenty. It's basically yogurt that's been drained more than Greek yogurt with salt and olive oil added.

Or do any recipe that calls for labneh with the Greek yogurt and add a little salt and/or olive oil to taste.

Here's my instructions for draining yogurt: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/snack/other-snack/greek-yogurt-bargain.html
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    handful of blueberries and/or other soft fruit. Microwave them till jammy. Add to 100g Greek or natural yogurt with half a pot of Hartley's 10 calorie jelly. Absolutely yum, and a big pudding.
  • delladawn
    delladawn Posts: 6
    Options
    bump
  • kmel2479
    kmel2479 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump too, great ideas I never would have thought of! Thank you all!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    With chestnut cream, if you can find it too. So delicious, and it only takes a bit.
  • Coconutgirl78
    Coconutgirl78 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I make a Cucumber dressing/dip that I put on chicken pitas or eat with veggies!

Here it is:
    Shred 1 cucumber in food processor. Let sit and drain to get water out.
    8 oz Greek yogurt
    8 oz Sour Cream (or you can use Greek yogurt)
    1tsp minced onion
    1 1/2 tsp parsley
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
    Pepper
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    The night before, I like to portion off a 1/2 cup frozen rapsberries and 1/4 cup frozen blueberries and leave them in the fridge to defrost. The next morning mix the berries (and juice from defrosting) with the greek yogurt. If I use fresh berries, I muddle them to release those juices so they can mix with the yogurt, but I prefer using frozen.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki! With pittas, lamb koftas, dip for veggies...