Definition?

Options
Hey guys. I tried searching through old threads but couldn't find an answer to my question there. I'm wondering how long it took you to have some definition after starting weight training. I'm currently 192 lbs and 5'9 so I was looking for people who started around the same stats as me. Thanks!

Replies

• michaelar_ae
    michaelar_ae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh, and maybe any advice that you have for newbies at weight training :)
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I guarantee if you're lifting heavy enough and working hard enough you'll start to notice changes almost immediately.

Most of these changes will be "newbie gains" or your muscles just swelling with water, but it will feel good, and help keep you motivated.

Your muscles will feel harder and firmer and it'll make you want to keep going. When I first started, I'd wake up every morning and just stretch and feel up my quads lol. It was the BEST feeling, because that's when they were the tightest.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    my profile pics were taken about 6 mos after i started heavy lifting. prior to that i was slender but had very little muscle definition.

edit: sorry, i just noticed the part where you were looking for people with the same stats as you. not the same as you, but for reference i am 5' 7" and weighed around 117-118lbs when i started lifting. now i am 122 lbs. So i put on a few pounds and honestly my body needed it. i think i look better now then before. sorry, no before pics. i was/am very camera shy. only now getting comfortable with taking pics of myself....
  • AllisonJanes
    Options
    Hi! Honestly, you should feel results after about a week, and depending on your size, SEE results within 1-2 weeks. I know that when I started lifting 17 years ago, I felt the difference in the first 3-5 days.

Make sure that you've got great form at all times. Form is the most important part of lifting. It is so easy to injure yourself when first starting out. If you find your form slipping its probably because you're staining to much under the weight, lower your weight and increase repetitions. Good luck with it!!
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and float between 145-155 lbs. I've been doing some sort of strength training for 1.5 years, heavy lifting for about 1 year. I noticed a difference in a few months and I continue to see small changes as I go. I finally see my triceps now after 1.5 years!