Boobs growing??

Options
Here is a problem every one wants...

So..as a teenager I was a 36B..then I had kids and went to a 36C..with weight gain and loss, I have always been in one of these sizes.
So, Sunday I have $10 off a bra from VS and I decide to go buy a new bra..and get the free panty :)
So..I grab a bra..and I know recently I have gone down to a 34..cause my boobs fall out the bottom of a 36 even on he tightest hooks..
It was a C..but I had muffin top but of my boobs! I was over flowing the cups..WTH?? So..I checked the size..adjusted..all that stuff..and nothing worked.
New style?? I asked the girl and she said that it was the same style as the other VS bra I was wearing..which is slightly small..so she told me to try a D..again WTH?? I have NEVER worn a D. Never! Not even when breast feeding.. Whats going on??
So..I will try it on just to see if thats the answer..thinking it is going to be huge..and guess what?? It fits! No gab, no empty space..nothing negative..no muffin top of the boobs..and they actually had a 34D. Wow..
So..I got a new bra..and $10 off, and a new panty..but will someone explain to me why my boobs are growing as I am LOSING weight?? I thought it was suppose to be the other way around??

Replies

• Quenofcrazzy
    Options

So..as a teenager I was a 36B..then I had kids and went to a 36C..with weight gain and loss, I have always been in one of these sizes.
    So, Sunday I have $10 off a bra from VS and I decide to go buy a new bra..and get the free panty :)
    So..I grab a bra..and I know recently I have gone down to a 34..cause my boobs fall out the bottom of a 36 even on he tightest hooks..
    It was a C..but I had muffin top but of my boobs! I was over flowing the cups..WTH?? So..I checked the size..adjusted..all that stuff..and nothing worked.
    New style?? I asked the girl and she said that it was the same style as the other VS bra I was wearing..which is slightly small..so she told me to try a D..again WTH?? I have NEVER worn a D. Never! Not even when breast feeding.. Whats going on??
    So..I will try it on just to see if thats the answer..thinking it is going to be huge..and guess what?? It fits! No gab, no empty space..nothing negative..no muffin top of the boobs..and they actually had a 34D. Wow..
    So..I got a new bra..and $10 off, and a new panty..but will someone explain to me why my boobs are growing as I am LOSING weight?? I thought it was suppose to be the other way around??
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I WANT YOUR PROBLEM!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

BTW, do you mind having bigger boobs? Congrats on the 36 to 34. Awesome
  • aggiejane07
    aggiejane07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know what is happening but I hope it happens to me ;-) It is weird though. The more weight I lose the less boobs I have. Guess you are just lucky?
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    I don't mind...except that I now have to buy more bras. I just want to know why??
  • GodlessCommunism
    Options
    This might be my favorite subject line ever.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    PUH-- show off. :bigsmile:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    LOL, Good for you!

Are you working out your chest muscles, by push-ups or weights, that would probably be the reason.
  • tamifanny
    tamifanny Posts: 113
    Options
    I could be like you if...I hung upside down from a tree? Lucky problem for you:tongue::tongue:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    not to burst your bubble or anything but when i talked to a VS person the said that when you go down a strap size you go UP a cup size ( same general size just diff numbers and fits diff) soo that might be it...
    Also did you get the exact same brand and style? that can really matter
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    ....hmmmpfff must be nice:noway:

mind you i dont need any more boobs... they are way to big as it is....
  • EM13
    EM13 Posts: 17
    Options
    :huh: i had a very similar experience... i was always a 34B/C ... however... even with weight loss i went up a cup size and down a strap size... NOT fun because i can NEVER find cute bras from VS with that size combo :blushing: i would love to have my old ones back. haha.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    PUH-- show off. :bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have to agree with some of the others, it could be some exercises you are doing or just that the fat in your body has graciously redistributed to your boobs instead of your butt!

Better to go to a 34D than to a 34 long :tongue: ! Then you might have to order a sardine can key with your bras just to roll those babies back up into the bra instead of your panties...lol :devil: :laugh:
  • rwalden628
    Options
    80% of women wear the wrong size bra. It is suggested that you get a bra fit every 6 months because of weight loss/gain.

If anyone is a size 36+, I recommend you go to a Lane Bryant to get a free bra fit. They have THE BEST BRAS! I love the balconette!

Also, sports bras for those of you who are more well-endowed ... try "E-Nell"... expensive but WELL worth it. No giggle.
  • rwalden628
    Options
    HA! I meant no "jiggle"!!! I guess that could also cause "giggles"...
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    LOL, Good for you!

Are you working out your chest muscles, by push-ups or weights, that would probably be the reason.

JACK POT!! Did not even think about it. I am on week 3 of the 100 push up challenge. That has got to be it.
    Thanks for figuring that out!
  • cmadams
    cmadams Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks for the hope that I may go from the 44B back close to the 34D
  • milomoose
    Options
    Do you usually buy bras from VS? A couple of my friends say they have to go up a cup size in that store because the bras are made smaller.

....Now, this is according to them, I don't wear VS bras so I can't confirm this rumor.
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    Do you usually buy bras from VS? A couple of my friends say they have to go up a cup size in that store because the bras are made smaller.

....Now, this is according to them, I don't wear VS bras so I can't confirm this rumor.

I usually buy bras from Fredrick's of Hollywood..but the remodeled store here quit carrying the style I liked so I have had several coupons and go buy one per coupon at VS. In the past I have bought 36B or C and they fit good. Recently, the muffin top was happening with the C's..so I checked my size..and had to go up.
    I hate spending money on good underclothing, and then it not fitting right!!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

Been there.....not fun :embarassed: I hate bra shopping!!! Maybe worse than jean shopping, well hopefully soon that will all change......30 lbs, 3 months later (if I'm lucky). I did actually go to a unique specialty boutique a a few months ago and was fitted for a 36 dd, OMG :noway: I've always been "bigger", but this one topped the scales (pun intended!) :laugh: Just this week though I've been wearing my older bras, with no muffin top, woohoo........But, I just started the 100 push-up challenge myself, on Monday, and I hope they don't come back to haunt me - or worse get bigger.:grumble: Well, a big bosum does run in my family.....guess I can't deny genetics.:ohwell: