Fun Exercises?

Options
Hello! I don't usually talk on these message boards, but I have lost my motivation big time, and I've realized that it's because I literally HATE any type of exercise that have sets and reps, (like your normal group of exercises like jumping jacks, push up, squats, lunges ect ect ect) so I was wondering, are their any fun exercises that I could do to keep my mind off of the fact that I am just doing some work out and I can concentrate on the fun? I used to do Hula Hooping (and I still have my trusty hoop) but it turns out that I think my body has gotten used to it by now, since I used to do it non-stop, so I need ideas!
Please help me out so I can lose at least ten more pounds before my vacation in September!!

Replies

• VGomez22
    VGomez22 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    have you tried Zumba?
  • aportraitofinsanity
    Options
    I have not! Although my one online friend has suggested to me before a while back, any videos to share perhaps? :)
  • chelseababy22
    chelseababy22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Zumba.. or any dancing in general. Salsa, step, line dance, take a belly dance class, or hip hop class. Those are tons of fun. I take hot hula and I sweat my *kitten* off. It is great!
  • deborah6300
    Options
    you can find some zumba videos on youtube:smile:
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Zumba is amazing! It incorporates squats, lunges and other rep type exercises but in a dance format. An hour long class flies by and depending on how much effort you put in you can burn 800-1000 cals an hour. Definitely give it a try. Only workout I've done that doesn't feel like a workout during but that I feel the burn after.
  • RWTBR
    RWTBR Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Try Bodypump! They teach it at Gold's and 24 hour.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Biking, hiking use your imagination.
  • LittleMiss1D10
    LittleMiss1D10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What I do is instead of just taking breaks between exercises I either dance or do light yoga. Both seem very relaxing and fun to me!:smile:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    kickboxing!
  • AllisonJanes
    Options
    You may enjoy a workout based solely on plyometrics. I'm sure you can find lots of places in your area that offer plyometrics.
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Roller Skating! =0)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I have the Les Mills Combat program. It's a great workout, lots of fun, and the time just flies by.

You could also try doing things outdoors that you enjoy-- like walking/running, swimming, or whatever you think you'd like to do.

Good luck!
  • aportraitofinsanity
    Options
    Roller Skating! =0)
    You know, I have a pair of roller skates underneath my bed, but have yet to exactly get the hang of it! I still need a human clutch when I do it :tongue:

But wow! So many people are responding with the Zumba! I better try it then! Thanks so much for replying, every one of you! As for the people who said hiking/walking/running/, I would love to go the walking route, since I've heard so many people say that just walking a half hour each day and eating right will help you big time, but my neighborhood isn't the very best to be walking alone in, sadly enough.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Roller Skating! =0)
    You know, I have a pair of roller skates underneath my bed, but have yet to exactly get the hang of it! I still need a human clutch when I do it :tongue:

But wow! So many people are responding with the Zumba! I better try it then! Thanks so much for replying, every one of you! As for the people who said hiking/walking/running/, I would love to go the walking route, since I've heard so many people say that just walking a half hour each day and eating right will help you big time, but my neighborhood isn't the very best to be walking alone in, sadly enough.

Based on what I read here I think you might honestly enjoy BootCamp or maybe even CrossFit. It definitely will keep you focused but is far more challenging than Zumba or most of the classes I see listed here. Not that I'm even a fan of either, but it might work for you.
  • 12pillows
    12pillows Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Roller Skating! =0)

Defs agree with rollerskating! Me and a couple of friends found a local club that runs once a week, and we go for two hours and even though it feels like we're just hanging out laughing at each other trying not to fall over, it's a pretty hard workout! We all ache the day after but it's super fun and doesn't feel like exercise!
  • shurleec
    shurleec Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I always hated working out. I started with Zumba and loved it, then moved onto Turbo kick (at my gym) and loved it even more. It made me realize that Cardio Kickboxing is my Favorite. I just started Les Mills Combat at home. If you're looking for at home videos, Turbo fire and Combat are fun. But if you go to a gym I would see if they offer Cardio kickboxing and give it a shot! Good luck!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun! I walk with music and have been known to dance around the track. lol yes I get looks
  • CrescentCityGirl
    CrescentCityGirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    kickboxing!

Agreed, I like both Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Billy Blanks is good also. : )
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Bikes. :bigsmile:
  • Annesoucy1957
    Options
    Essentrics, pilates, ballet sculpt, belly dancing, zumba, soca step.