what was your nsv today?

Options
zericaaaaa
zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
I resisted the donuts and muffins in the office today. its been about 3 weeks since I've bitten my nails and I finally got my teeth to resemble the color white instead of yellow haha. what were your non scale victories today or in the recent days?

Replies

• mahopper2008
    mahopper2008 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job resisting temptation! That is not an easy thing to do. I had to take my wedding rings off when taking a shower today because they were so loose they felt like they would fall off. In the past they were tight and I would have to twist them off. Also, after a busy and not so MFP weekend, I am back on track today.
  • DCarter1701
    DCarter1701 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Went to the movies with the family; resisted buying candy for myself and only ate 1/2 cup of popcorn. Realized after that much that the popcorn at movie theaters actually tastes pretty nasty. Can't believe I used to house a bucket of that styrofoam.

Ran 1.2 miles in 14 minutes. A month ago I couldn't even run five blocks without feeling like my lungs were going to jump out of my chest to escape the misery.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    i beat my boyfriend in 2 out of 3 games of bowling
  • DevSanchez
    DevSanchez Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Did some circuit training. A gentleman who was visibly a more fit stature, went behind me on the machines and had to lower the weight on a few of them!
  • puddingsteel
    puddingsteel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ran on the treadmill today with NO PAIN in my calf! Wheeeeee!
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Set a new 5K PR - 29:50
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I walked a little further today. I've been walking 3.10 miles and today, I went 3.25. Not that much more, but every bit more is good.
  • PaulFields56
    PaulFields56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had two this weekend.

First, I bought a new belt. I plan to wear this one out.

Second, it was chilly watching my son's baseball game. My darling wife cuddled up close for some warmth. She jumped back after squeezing my arm, and said, "Hey, you have a muscle!". She cracks me up!
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A little over 9 months ago my body fat measured well over 35%. Today 9 months later while at the gym they measured me at 11.2%
  • phil4v7
    phil4v7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Despite a terrible day that would have sent me off course before, I kept my diet sane(ish) and convinced myself to fit in a workout anyway.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Being told by an extremely hot woman that I'm hot.
  • wannabehealthyagain
    Options
    Now able to wear a bra that was previously too small and I just never returned it :)
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I went to buy liquor and the cashier saw my ID and was like "nah. ***lbs? Really? No way!" and then I remembered:

1.) I had lied about my weight to feel thinner at the time I got my driver's license

and

2.) This was the first time I was questioned not because someone suspected I weigh more, but because I appeared as though I (obviously?) weighed less.

I don't look at my ID enough to really think about that. For the record, my face has never been a real fat-storing area for me, so it's hard to tell just looking at the picture that I've changed beyond hair cut & color. It really caught me off guard.

I understand that my weight number is kind of related here, but this incident I feel personally is more of a NSV because it has a lot more to do with how I am perceived than the actual data at this point.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I did week 4, day 1 of C25K. It was rough but I did it without stopping. I even got up early, about 6:15 to try to beat the heat (I don't do early!) The temp was 74 but the humidity was stifling...summers in Tennessee!! But I did it!!????
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good job passing on the donuts. If there were any glazed chocolate cake donuts- I would have been done in!

1) I took a water aerobics class instead of the nap I wanted to take.
    2) I met with a trainer for the first time today and he was impressed with my cardio routine and thought I had a good overall plan to get fit and that I had a lot of good knowledge about fitness.
    3) The trainer put me on the treadmill to see where I should start with running/jogging. He put it up to a 4.5 and I was able to run for the first time since I was a kid....and I didn't get winded very easily. That made me happy since I was planning to start c25k next week, so it might not be as horrific as I thought it would be, (I've only been walking for 2 weeks- so yeah me!).
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I had two victories:

1. I've had a pair of skinny jeans hanging on my bedroom door as my motivation for 4 weeks. Today it was a perfect fit :)
    2. While wearing those jeans at work, it was easy to resist all the chocolate candy, brownies, and chocolate chip cookies provided during the meeting.
  • Auzy06
    Auzy06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I still have not had any soda!!!
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Have finally realized that I need to get rid of all my "fat" underwear. I caught a glimpse of my rear in the mirror and finally realized what my fiance has been saying is true- they totally sag in the back. That poor man! As unappealing as it looked, I had a good laugh and I'm happy that I finally might start wearing some smaller more attractive undergarments!! After what I saw back there I'm sure he'll be happy too hahahaha!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV - There is a women I use to see daily at the walking track but I haven't seen her in a month due to the fact we have been walking at different times. Today she stopped me and commented on how she can notice I have lost a lot of weight and how much faster my walking picked up. It was a total confident booster.
  • jrortega1912
    jrortega1912 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I went down one size from 16 to 14!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!