Fun Exercises?

Options
2»

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Yep, cycling is a good one. You can actually go places and do stuff, and use your bike as transportation, and then it doesn't feel so much like you're exercising. You're just going somewhere.

Swimming is a good one if you have access to a pool.

Any sort of dance-related activity can be fun and get you moving, whether it be Zumba or actual dancing.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    hula hoop! I can't do it, but on my friends on here logs hula hooping as exercise, maybe give it a try?
  • aportraitofinsanity
    Options
    hula hoop! I can't do it, but on my friends on here logs hula hooping as exercise, maybe give it a try?
    I do hula hoop! Haven't in a while, but that is because since I did it to lose my first 10 pounds, my body has gotten used to it I'm pretty sure, I LOVE hooping!
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If there's a Sky Zone near you, give that a try. It's an indoor trampoline park, and I take the kids there all the time. After an hour of jumping around on trampolines like a ten-year-old you'll be sweating like crazy, and you'll probably burn 800 calories, but never for a second will it feel like a "workout".
  • Kbelicious
    Kbelicious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A rebounder aka mini-trampoline. SO much fun! Easy on the joints.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    If there's a Sky Zone near you, give that a try. It's an indoor trampoline park, and I take the kids there all the time. After an hour of jumping around on trampolines like a ten-year-old you'll be sweating like crazy, and you'll probably burn 800 calories, but never for a second will it feel like a "workout".

just looked Sky Zone up online & there is one not far from me. I so want to go and play "ultimate dodgeball"!
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options

just looked Sky Zone up online & there is one not far from me. I so want to go and play "ultimate dodgeball"!

Dodgeball on trampolines is a lot of fun! Be prepared though -- some of those guys are really good, even the kids. The basketball dunking is great, too. They even have daily "skyrobics" classes. I haven't done it, but my wife did a few times and she said it was a a lot of fun.