• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I no longer have one ... I would love to have one, but sorry not in ND
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I asked my BF to go with me.

Look for coworkers, family members or friends that are interested in working out with you.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    im too much of a lonewolf to want to workout with anyone. I try to get my 14yo to workout with me, but its not his thing right now.
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I dont have one....it becomes a job getting onthe same page.....I will grab a randon friend from time to time for a work out which is a good change up
  • j3nn75
    j3nn75 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    My only partner is my playlist. I just do it......after all it is for me.
  • sims2013
    sims2013 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just want someone that knows about weight lifting..thats what the next program im doing will be focused on.
    and I run a daycare business so im the only employee lol.
    and family. .not happening. .husband is to lazy to. and friends yeah I have a few..but they never want to workout as much as I do
    I just dont want to do a workout wrong.
    my playlist is my partner as well when I workout alone...but its nice to have someone with you at the gym
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I SOOO badly want a workout partner. All my friends aren't serious about the gym so it's just annoying to go with them. I lack motivation and I would love to have someone to workout with. We would both encourage each other to push ourselves to our maximum potential, but I haven't found anyone yet. I'm all by myself now. :cry:
  • BTinLC
    BTinLC Posts: 30
    Options
    Every time I get a workout buddy, they end up distracting me.
  • cakebatter07
    Options
    I just want someone that knows about weight lifting..thats what the next program im doing will be focused on.
    and family. .not happening. .husband is to lazy to. and friends yeah I have a few..but they never want to workout as much as I do
    my playlist is my partner as well when I workout alone...but its nice to have someone with you at the gym

Honestly maybe you should try craigslist. I was actually thinking of doing that. But you just have to be smart about it, since ya know it's craigslist and all.
  • BTinLC
    BTinLC Posts: 30
    Options

Honestly maybe you should try craigslist. I was actually thinking of doing that. But you just have to be smart about it, since ya know it's craigslist and all.

Death sentence
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I end up talking instead of working out if someone goes with me.... 99.9% of the time I go alone, jam some tunes and focus on what I am doing!
  • Kirstyjem
    Kirstyjem Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I went with a friend from work in our lunch hour. Kept us both keen as we didn't want to let each other down. But then I moved jobs :sad:
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Tried to entice a co-worker, he didn't bite. I've been doing it alone. Lately I've been slipping, mostly because of other things that have started to come up at the time I used to go lifting.
  • sims2013
    sims2013 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I SOOO badly want a workout partner. All my friends aren't serious about the gym so it's just annoying to go with them. I lack motivation and I would love to have someone to workout with. We would both encourage each other to push ourselves to our maximum potential, but I haven't found anyone yet. I'm all by myself now. :cry:

i have a weight loss support group, you can join it if you like. However a support group is different than actually having someone there with you, i want to be pushed and someone to motivate me. i am always the pusher and motivator!
  • SMKean90
    SMKean90 Posts: 55
    Options
    I desperately wish i had one, but it seems as if there is no one in Ipswich that actually uses MFP seriously.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Craigslist. Good luck.
  • cakebatter07
    Options

i have a weight loss support group, you can join it if you like. However a support group is different than actually having someone there with you, i want to be pushed and someone to motivate me. i am always the pusher and motivator!

Yeah I agree with you! :/ But sure I'd love to join! :-)