What can I do to motivate myself to keep my food log?

Options
2»

Replies

• jan3h
    jan3h Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just do it.
  • sticky130
    sticky130 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Invest in a shock collar. Amazon has several to chose from:

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Pet-Supplies-Dog-Training-Collars/zgbs/pet-supplies/2975428011

You're welcome! :flowerforyou:

This made me spit my coffee at the screen ROFL!!

I use an app called PACT. It's linked into MFP and so it knows what you are doing. I have to log at least 1200 cals a day for it to count as a logged day and if I fail to do it I get fined $5. It's quite a motivator for me!! If I do successfully log I get about 20c a day (WOW!) You can choose how many days you want to complete so it does give you a bit of leeway.

I must admit, I'm quite motivated to log everyday as I'm enjoying the side effect of losing weight which I also find quite motivational, I just though it was quite good to be able to earn a bit of extra cash for doing something I'm already doing.

Maybe I'll have enough by the end of the year to buy a small book! lol
  • amreadarrens
    amreadarrens Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just tell yourself you can do it...
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    It doesn't get much easier than keeping a food log on an app that does all the work for you.

You just have to be bothered to do it.
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    my smartphone is almost 6 years old and really slow. MFP takes ages to load and I literally have to wait like 90 seconds after pressing any button, because of memory lag. Its dreadful. But I log my calories.
    For things that I eat daily or often and know 100% calorie amount,
    :smile: i use the ADD CALORIES feature instead of finding the food item and selecting it or entering it.:smile: This makes it less obnoxious.
    I think MFP is intellectually stimulating.. I look up the graphs and lists and whatever else is in it just for fun. It has replaced words with friends and facebook for my nerotic phone checking disorders. I love MFP.