Popular Foods That You Can Take or Leave...

Options

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cookie, Choc ice cream or Choc cake. I am ok with dark choc candies though.

Yep. Not big on chocolate unless it has some nuts or whatnot. I can do like Snickers or Kit Kats.. but just plain milk chocolate... Yeah, no.. I have to be actively bleeding out of my honey pot to even consider that. I am certainly not a fan of chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, or chocolate cookies. Disgusting.
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options
    There is a lot of absurdity in this thread. I almost feel borderline angry reading some of these posts. What?! How.......

WHAT? :angry:

Serious. Who could live without sushi!?:noway:

Right!! There is a sushi place near me that has their salmon shipped overnight from Japan.. oh. my. god. Their salmon tastes like BUTTER. It is the most amazing sushi I have ever had and totally worth the price. The chefs are just amazing... They put the right amount of wasabi.. Oh man... And their udon.. oh my god.. the broth they use.. it's pure fat, I am certain. Amazing.

I am pregnant now, and have a tendency towards food aversions.. I refuse to eat sushi until I am no longer pregnant. I never want to ever NOT want sushi. It's a food aversion I just might kill myself over :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think I've had a McDonald's hamburger once in my life and was extremely underwhelmed. I didn't dislike it per se, but I definitely didn't understand all the hype around it or why kid beg their parents for a Big Mac or whatever. They don't even look appetizing; they're always squished or really messy-looking, unlike what's advertised in commercials. Same pretty much goes for every other fast food chain burger. Never interested.

Ooh, and ketchup. I actually think ketchup is disgusting.
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options
    I think I've had a McDonald's hamburger once in my life and was extremely underwhelmed.
    I've hated McDonald's since I was a child. Vomit.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Fast food. Any and all fast food. I've hear too many awful stories, most of them coming from employees themselves, to ever want to eat fast food again.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Corn. Avocadoes (although I personally do not consider avocadoes to be a food.) Nuts. Seeds. Most savory spices, such as garlic, etc. Alcohol. Coffee. Hot peppers. Raw spinach. "Lite" soy milk. Rice milk. Unsalted margarine. I've heard there is vegan soy yogurt but I know if it tastes like yogurt , I would not eat it. Veggie burgers. Vegetable chips. Tings. Brown rice. Couscous. Popcorn.Corn chips. Taco shells. I hate salsa except for fruit salsa. Tortilla chips.
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    chips and salsa. I've never liked it . . . both are fine on their own but I just don't like them together. really any fatty, bland food--those packaged pasta packets, packaged rice mixes, a lot of casseroles are gross to me, creamed corn, most typical box mix pancakes, white cake, sweet corn bread, chicken fried steak, chicken and dumplings . . . a lot of southern food grosses me out. I guess anything with too much fat, especially from butter or heavy cream I usually find not so delicious.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Ketchup...except for ketchup chips.
    Blueberry flavoured anything...except for actual blueberries.
    Sweet potatoes.
    Rice.
    It's UnCanadian, but Canadian bacon and real maple syrup. But I love actual strip bacon and fake syrup :)
  • suiteblooms
    suiteblooms Posts: 100
    Options
    I too can't do sushi... it's expensive and I can't do the temperature + texture.
    Also:
    Green Apples...(only good with caramel dip, and that completely defeats the purpose of eating an apple.)
    plain potato chips - meh
    salsa
    rice crispy treats - One of the few treats that I can eat (gluten intolerant) but just not good enough to bother with. Give me chocolate instead please.
  • aedreana
    Options
    Blackeyed peas, and lentils.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    graze boxes...total rip off in my opinion! They are so tiny and nothing in them is THAT good, anyway.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    bacon. I'm really tired of bacon covered/wrapped/flavored EVERYTHING. Don't get me wrong. Bacon is good every now and then. It has it's place...at breakfast...and in the occasional dish (yummmm...Alice Springs Chicken), but not EVERYWHERE and on EVERYTHING.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I too can't do sushi... it's expensive and I can't do the temperature + texture.

I like sushi, but the temp and texture can throw me off depending on the type. So I hear ya.

Mainly I'm responding because YES...sushi is SO expensive. I am always stunned at the prices. A small simple spicy roll for $10 always seems like it should cost $3 to me.
  • aedreana
    Options
    I am meh on: sweet peas (the dull-green peas-- but I like bright-green peas), peanut butter, okra.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Poutine (my kids LOVE it) - greasy icky mess, and watermelon -meh!
  • iasue
    iasue Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Coconut - It's gross I hate the texture can not eat anything with coconut on it or in it.
    Hard Candies - Meh take it or leave it
    Chips - meh (with the exception of Doritos they are like crack to me)
    Steak - I will eat it, but I won't go out of my way to have it or crave it
    Black Licorice - HATE
    Peanut Butter - yes I love, Jelly - I will eat but do NOT put them together in a sandwich. Gross
    Bologna - Disgusting
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hostess anything. You can keep your Ho Ho's, Ding Dong's, & Twinkies. ICK! I didn't even like them as a child.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wings. So much work. No thanks. Especially not with buffalo sauce. There's something in that sauce that makes me think of the taste in the back of my throat just before I vomit. So. Nope.
  • aedreana
    Options
    I hate natural coconut milk and hate natural (unsweetened) coconut
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    How could I forget coconut water? It tastes like foot sweat.