Anyone losing just sticking with MFP plan?

Options
This may be a silly question, but with all the special diet crazes going around I'm just wondering if anyone is just plain tracking their calories/macros according to the recommendations of MFP/working out reasonably and having success?

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I did! Lost a good 40lbs just using MFP alone. As I read up lots on the forums and discovered newer and better techniques of doing things, I adjusted.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just track calories, I don't pay attention to carbs, protein etc. and I am losing, just 6.5 pounds to goal.

I really can't say enough about MFP, without this site I would have been stuck on that weight loss plateau forever.

Calories in versus calories out is the solution. Crazy diets don't work, they never have and they never will.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Hell yes! Lost 30lb, am now the slimmest and fittest I have ever been in my adult life and have maintained for nearly 3 years. I can't rave enough about MFP.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    I just track calories and have lost almost 30lbs.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options

I really can't say enough about MFP, without this site I would have been stuck on that weight loss plateau forever.
    Me too. See my ticker :-) It's taken me nearly a year, but I am ecstatic with the loss as I've never managed it before in my adult life. My target has gone down more than once: I am at a weight I am entirely comfortable and happy with. Also, my diet is a new way of life for me and not an unsustainable fad.
  • jnuchaeli
    jnuchaeli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I sure did. 75#. try to eat protein at every meal but dont stress about it. I eat carbs. i eat processed stuff. i drink real milk. i eat white bread, red meat. and when i reach goal nothing will change. just track everything.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I lost 24 kg (53 pounds) just tracking my calories :flowerforyou: No fad diets for me!
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love MFP :smile: I lost a bit of weight with Weight Watchers, but I would never pay for any type of diet again. I love reading the success stories it really spurs me on. I've learnt so much since i've been on MFP :smile:
  • TwirleySlims
    TwirleySlims Posts: 112
    Options
    Yes, it works :D
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes, look at my ticker.. lost all of that in under 10 months just using MFP to track calories and working out 3 days a week. fad diets never worked for me, because they were just that.. a fad.
  • SMKean90
    SMKean90 Posts: 55
    Options
    nope.
    And i was STRICT!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes! Except I do not eat meat.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I've lost 1 or 2 pounds using MFP
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Yep, this time around all of my weight was lost without any fad diets or crazy "quick fixes." Just counting calories - I watched my macros after I started to lift, though. I don't use MFP goals though - I eat quite a bit more than this site tells me to. I'm still losing weight, though.

[To be clear - MFP tells me to eat 1400 calories per day to lose .5 lb/week. I actually eat 1850 calories per day and lose .5 lb/week. And, no, I don't burn 450 calories a day by exercising. More like 200-250.]
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yep, see ticker below...........
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Yes - I track my calories and try to hit my MFP goals across the food groups - I log my exercise and eat back around 50% of the calories burned.

Going well so far.
  • Gawanne
    Gawanne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You better believe! Lost 11lbs in 66 days at age 78. Wonderful program and so easy. Heading for my twenties weight! Unfortunately don't LOOK the same. Enjoy your day everyone
  • joanna_82
    joanna_82 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've lost just under 4kg in my first month. I just count calories and keep an eye on fat.
    Works for me and I feel I have enough to eat.

I refuse to enter into any diet that isn't sustainable for the rest of my life. Eat well, and be fit and healthy. That's my goal.