Calling all 5'3" and 150 ish lb ladies

Options

Replies

• StEt0417
    Options
    I'm 5'1, 145 and I eat 1200-1300 calories.
  • lisahow
    Options
    Hi there,

I joined this site on Monday and already love it....I am 5'3.5" (the half is so important) start weight 147lbs, goal weight 119lbs! Lost it before but allowed it to creep back! After putting in my details was told 1200 cals was my daily allowance...sounded fine but when I enter my daily exercise it has taken it up to 1600 to 1800, which I feel is quite high too....but will give it a go! Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why the doctor would recommend 1800 calories. You can do all kinds of tests online for BMR and most use 1800 to maintain weight, unless you're super active.

I go by 1200, but I eat back my exercise calories and usually go over a tiny bit. If I go over, I stay between 1300-1400 though so that's 1 1/2 lbs per week I should lose.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3-5'4 and started at 163, currently 155. My goal is to get to 130. It budgets me for 1200 calories.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i stumbled upon this thread and i think i fit in! :) i am 5'3.5" and i am currently about 127-128lbs...my highest weight was about 151 at the end of my freshman year of college...i managed to get into the low 140s and then gain and lose the same 5 lbs for the next 5 years or so...i started mfp at 143 last february eating about 1500 calories a day...i pretty much maintained for a few months (intentionally and unintentionally at the same time) and now i want to lose 3-5 more lbs (goal of 123-124) hopefully by my wedding april 2nd...right now my goals are to lose 0.7lbs/week at 1370 without exercise calories...i try to burn at least 150-200 per day so i can EAT them :) i struggle with the fact that the smaller i get, the less food i can eat ;) haha
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I am so excited to see everyone about my height and there weight loss goals and accomplishments!!! This is really encouraging!!!
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Jenn, looks like you've started a group! Glad you are okay with 5'4", because I went to the OB/GYN today and was told that I AM 5'4" (my GP told me I was 5'3"). The inch only mattered because I was worried about bone loss. So I'm happy here.

Not so good with challenges or names either. Anyone else?
  • chocolate0802
    Options
    Maybe I'm the smallest with 5"1 and 110. Can I join you guys :D?... MFP set my daily intake 1200 but normally it's around 900. My GW is 88-90 by March :).
  • StephanieBFree
    StephanieBFree Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and 140 lbs. My goal is to get down to 120 lbs. My caloric setting is at 1200 calories which I find is not enough for me. I make sure I exercise so I can add the extra calories to my day. I find that if I eat about 1400 calories at day I feel good. Anything less I feel like I am starving myself.

I am a mother of twins and work full-time so I am looking for all the motivation I can find to keep myself active and focused on my weight loss goal. Please feel free to add me as a friend for motivation.

Stephanie
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    5'0" - 133 lbs. as of this morning. Weight is up "thanks" to TOM.

1500-2400 calories per day, depending on my activity level. I'm pretty active despite my desk job. I fuel up with about 2400 calories one day per week after my long run (9-10 miles), and usually stick at an average 1750 for every other day of the week. I was eating a bit less than that before, but now I've added P90X workouts in addition to 3 runs per week, soooo...I need fuel, and quite a bit of it. I also hike, climb, and explore on the weekends, which can burn a crapload of calories as well. I also cycle carbs. I stay low 5-6 days per week (usually < 80g), then will have a "carb up" day the other remaining days - (120-150g). Works pretty well.

My goal weight is 120-123ish. I hit a plateau for a couple months, and Christmastime eating packed on 2 pounds, but I think adding P90X should help me bust through it.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new folks! I asked my 5 year old to help with our group name and she told me "I'll think on it" :laugh: funny little girl sounds just like mommy! :love:
    Glad a few more gals have found us, and of course your all welcome!

My weigh in went fab! here are my numbers...

1/3..........160.4
    1/6..........157.6
    1/14........154.1

yay, almost back down to my pre-holiday weight! For those just joining I posted this while at 150, but life (and FAT) happens! I have been trying to fight off the same 10 lbs for over a year now. Going up a bit down a bit, but 2011 is THE year! I really want to see my goal weight. I can't even remember being 130! I think I was in middle school and I didn't weigh or pay attention then so I couldn't even tell you for sure. But I do know that during 10th grade I wore my prom dress and was busting out of it, and today that same dress is WAY to big. So my best guess is that I was around 165 during high school. I would love to be at my goal by may, and that means dropping 24.1 lbs or a bit over 6 lbs per month. I feel that is a lot for me but my mom always told me reach for the stars! Hope you all have a great long weekend!

Keep thinking about how we can challenge each other and support each other! :flowerforyou: Any ideas are more than welcomed
  • onehicchic
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 155, my daily calorie in take is 1200. I have to say I feel like I am starving to death
  • amysambora
    Options
    Had a pretty good week this week! I feel like it was my first 'proper' week since the holiday season. I tried to get back on track quickly but there was just so much going on, then it was my TOM...finally this week I was able to get back to clean eating and for the first time in a month the scale has gone DOWN! From 62.4kg to 61.8kg. Really motivated to keep going now! I wanna see 60kg by Valentine's Day!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 155, my daily calorie in take is 1200. I have to say I feel like I am starving to death

Yeah, get used to it. I started right about where you are and thought it would kill me for quite a while. I was hungry and miserable, even during the night.

But, keep it up and it should work. It did for me :smile:
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", and would love to be 150, lol! Seriously though, I'm about 169-highest was 175. I'd like to get down to 140 at first, and work from there. I am also a SAHM, to 4 kiddos-so finding time to myself is often hard, but I know it's a necessity. I'm pretty new here, but would love to be a part of a "group" :)
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 159 lbs. I used to be heavier at almost 170 lbs. My goal is get down to 140 lbs. MFP set me at 1200 calories, I changed it to 1400 which I rarely get to with my eating and exercise. Good luck to everyone!
  • brandygburke
    brandygburke Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    WHen I started two weeks ago I was 5'4 and 163.8. Today I'm still 5;4 (duh) but 153.6 pounds -so I'm close to your size. I'm allowed 1200 but I usually only hit 1200 once or twice a week, the rest of the week I fluctuate between 900 and 1050 or so - I try to eat a few more here and a few less there so my body doesn't get used to any certain amt of calories each day. Weekends suck for me though.
  • Icandothis2011
    Options
    I'm 5"2.5", damn right I'm counting that half inch, and 143. I want to get down to 125. I'm trying to lose half a pound a week and with three workouts a week I eat 1500. I'm increasing my workout time to 4-5 times a week however.

good luck to all!
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 5'2" & 140.2 lbs. I am allowed 1200 calories per day according to MFP. When I eat close to this I have found I am losing a little weight. I have lost 3.4 lbs in 2 weeks. SO that is a start. I have a sedentary job so that makes it harder. I am trying to incorporate more exercise into my daily activities in order to try to move things along more rapidly and to get healthier. I would like my arms to tone up some along with my thighs, and this gut I have going on. LOL Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    This weekend I did great on my walking goal! I walked Saturday, Sunday, and Monday! However, I didn't do so hot on my eating. But not in the way you might expect. I didn't eat enough! My goal is to eat 1500+ exercise calories (I learned the hard way 1200 isn't the way to go **Not judging, but if you want my 2 cents let me know and I will explain my thinking**) on Saturday I only ate 1064 (-608 exercise=456 calories) Sunday I ate 823 (-784exercise=39) 39 calories to fuel my body all day?!?!?! :noway: Plus my burned calories are an under estimate I'm sure because like many of you, I am chasing young kids around all day and don't account for that. Oh man, not good ladies, not good! I have had a migraine headache for the last 4 days and I read on WebMD today that loss of appetite often occurs with a migraine. Well, today my goal is to eat, eat, eat! I am hoping to go over on calories to make up for my two days of starving my body. I just wasn't feeling hungry but felt like I needed to get my exercise still, weekends are typically hard for me to stay under calories so I think I was in the frame of mind that I should save calories and exercise to not go over, but then I felt like crap and didn't want to eat. I guess that was not the best plan. Well, now I know.

Hope you all have a nice Tuesday!