Anyone losing just sticking with MFP plan?

Options

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It's all about calories man... no special diet is needed.

Ask Quest Nutrition, rofl.....
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Works for me!
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've lost 13lbs in 40 days from using MFP and exercising more frequently (ie starting to exercise). I will say that I eat more than MFP recommends so I'd say to work out your own target from BMR/TDEE
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yup! I have lost 15kg in exactly six months by tracking my calories. It has encouraged me to exercise, so that when I want to I can drink my beer, eat my pizza, etc. You get a good overview of what is going in and going out (or on the hips, off the hips...) and hey, it has worked for me! I still have a way to go - another 10kg - but I am happy (happy? ECSTATIC!) with what I have achieved so far - thanks to MFP!
    Jayne
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yes it works! However, after research, I manually changed my macros for protein, carbohydrates, and fat.

34277608.png
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP on a whim a few years ago. Didn't take it that serious and kinda aimed for the calorie goal, but regularly went over. No one was more surprised than me, when I actually started losing. That's when I became serious about it and properly weighed and tracked everything. I lost about 35 lbs... Maintaining now.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've lost over 100 lbs in 6.5 months using MFP. I have modified my macros to have more protein and fewer carbs as I am a T2 diabetic. But no special diets. I just work to stay within my calorie goal for the day and make sure I get at least 30 minutes of exercise per day.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Yes. The plan is simple and foolproof, but that doesn't make it easy. It can be hard to execute.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    yepper. lost 60 lbs using mfp, and i dont even really track macros, i just make sure i get adequate protein and pay attention to overall calories
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds just following MFP
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yes. 20 Lbs.
    I track. I eat what I want- MFP helps me to realilze portion control- thats it. When people hear tracking calories they instantly think its starving yourself. I dont starve- I eat. I just now make more informed decisions and am aware of what the number is that will allow me to continue to loose weight.

It isnt easy...but its not hard either....Its for sure not a FAD diet which lets me know I can do this forever. Stay thin (once I get there) forever. This is now life. I Like this life.

EDIT: for spelling.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Of course....it's like science and stuff....
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, there's really nothing more to it. I have lost 11.5 kilos with MFP.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Another one with a hell yeah. 3 and a half months and 20lbs down. It's been the easiest thing in the world.

This is my second time around. I make sure I eat more protein and fat because that, for me, helps so much with satiety which stops the need to snack. I walk my dogs every day and I lift every now and then (got a could of body niggles that get in the way). But I still party, I have off days - as long as you get back on it the very next meal/day you'll be fine.

Love it - and looking forward to hitting my goals :smile:
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yup!
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes lost all my weight on MFP plan and have kept it off for years
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm down over 55 lb. in just under 18 months, and still slowly losing until I reach my goal.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's all I have done for the past 83 lb of loss and it's worked very well for me.
  • marrisu
    marrisu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes! The first time I tried it I was too lenient about eating back some of my calories earned through exercise. Still lost weight but very slowly. This time I only use my extra calories on a cheat meal here and there and I have taken my carb intake from 50 to 40ish and added more protein. It's working! I think everyone is different and little things may need to be adjusted. I don't think fad diets are long term solutions. It's basic math burn more than you eat and you lose weight.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Another resounding yes. Something about the cut-and-dried nature of MFP really works for me. It takes a lot of the emotional impact out of eating and makes it just math.