grr

Options
13»

Replies

• downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I have nothing constructive to add, but was feeling left out.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    D minus troll effort, OP. 2/10.
  • VeronicaG2B
    VeronicaG2B Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I will take the OP seriously and offer some thoughts from my experience.

After I chased my cheating boyfriend down the street with a nine iron, it was suggested I take anger management counseling. I found the counselor's perspective very helpful.

I can give you her number.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options

After I chased my cheating boyfriend down the street with a nine iron, it was suggested I take anger management counseling. I found the counselor's perspective very helpful.

^ So much this :-)
    Anyone have some Legos for grammer, I want to say something constructive #8^)
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    ok so I started MFP last week

This may have something to do with you were pegged as "new"
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    ok so I started MFP last week and lost over 2kg. Decided on Friday to have a Chinese takeaway(I didn't even each much), cut my normal 3 bottles of wine down to just 1 and go walking for over 2 hours yesterday. Weighed myself this morning and i've put 1kg back on!!!! what the hell.... why???!?!?!?!

OK! Broke out my grammer Legos and here is what I came up with. I know you may not like this, but blame the Legos:

1.) "ok so I started MFP last week and lost over 2kg" = newbie and I am asking for advice

2.) "Decided on Friday to have a Chinese takeaway(I didn't even each much)" = Lots of salt! Ordered for 4 people and had some left over (did not eat the fortune cookies (I am on a diet right))

3.) "cut my normal 3 bottles of wine down to just 1" = I had a serious buzz going but did not pass out

4.) "go walking for over 2 hours" = well it was really more of a stagger than a walk and I made it across the street (just took awhile).

If you are going to post something that appears to be a 'troll' post be careful what you wish for you might get it.

Just one ole man's opinion ............
  • munky_do
    munky_do Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I meant what I said so please remove your judgemental comment. This is what I don't like about this site! any mention of alcohol and you're practically labelled an alcoholic!

Thanks for adding nothing constructive to my post, please refrain from replying to anything else I put in the future.

Thanks.

Good for you for cutting the amount down by 2/3rds!

You sound like you're British and from my experience living across the pond up in the north, 3 bottles in a day isn't unheard of,a and that's not just among younger people! You'll get no judgement from me. My friends and I were able to go through what amounted to a bottle or two EACH easily on a night out, and don't get me started on the amount of beer I was drinking every night while I was over there... of course I'd lose about 10 or 15 lbs when I'd come back to Canada for Christmas or in the summer.

Also I notice in Canada or the States, nobody bats an eyelid when a man drinks a 12-pack of beer a couple of nights a week. Different cultures I guess.

Also yes it's the sodium, don't sweat it!

haha 3 bottles a night? oh god no, I must have confused you :D - normally on a weekend I will have a bottle of wine fri,sat and sunday night so 3 bottles for the whole weekend. I know its not healthy which is why I want to cut back and did so easily last weekend to just 1 for the whole weekend.

Most importantly, I weighed myself this morning and the water weight has gone now, meaning, I actually weigh less than last week :D so I'm happy.

Thanks for the positive comments.

LOL I guess I must really know some true alcoholics then :P Yay for the water weight being gone, bet that's a great relief! Sometimes it seems our bodies just need some time to catch up lol
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

Are you and Tiger getting along these days?
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 lbs from eating a hot dog once, so yes, its sodium!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I meant what I said so please remove your judgemental comment. This is what I don't like about this site! any mention of alcohol and you're practically labelled an alcoholic!

Thanks for adding nothing constructive to my post, please refrain from replying to anything else I put in the future.

Thanks.

This was totaly uncalled for---lighten up. It was just a question----wow. :smile:

Another one with nothing constructive to add? - please refrain from posting on my threads in the future. Thanks

So you've been on your diet a week, drank a whole bottle of wine and had a weight fluctuation, came here to ask about it and are calling nearly anyone who answers judgmental and rude?

K. 3 bottles of wine is excessive, and a ridiculous amount of calories. That's fact, not judgement.

Give your diet more than 6 days. Alcohol can dehydrate, but it can also bloat you (mostly depends on the person), I can be 2-3 lbs LESS the day after drinking. Weigh yourself weekly, not daily. Read all the stickies provided on every forum.
  • lattanicole
    lattanicole Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SODIUM!!! just drink a whole lot of water to flush it out and you should be fine.
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    :creeps in, reads and backs out: too early for drama but I agree sodium