what was your nsv today?

Options

Replies

• Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I used to loooove Carne Asada burros with cheese from Los Betos. Tried to eat it 3 times over the past month and I did not like it anymore!!! My acquired tastes had changed dramatically. Thank goodness, that solves those cravings!
  • Geloza
    Options
    NSV 7/1/14 - Went to a fabulous wedding this past weekend and skipped the cake and did an extra 15 minutes on the elliptical so I could enjoy the reception dinner!

That is awesome!! And yet still can be so hard! Good for u to take initiative to be better. :flowerforyou:
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I used to dread walking and made myself walk. I have now walked 50 days in a row, 120 miles in May and 137 miles in June. Normally about 4-6 miles per day. It's now finally something I need to do....no excuses.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    This morning a guy at the gym grinned at me said I was looking awesome and gave me a huge thumbs up while I was sweating it out on the stair stepper. Big warm fuzzies over here.
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So many great comments in this thread! Way to go everyone! (Especially congrats to the woman who posted about doing push-ups on her toes for the first time, and to the poster who said they worked out in the morning even though they were crabby and didn't want to!)

I am wearing a very narrow (Nordstrom) size 14 skinny pant. And they are a little loose.

And I did 2 sets of 10 toe-push-ups yesterday as part of my circuit. Woot!
  • Hippiemomof4
    Hippiemomof4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a couple. When I first started going to the gym before work I would have to shower there and the towles at the gym were pretty tiny and I had to use two to make sure all my unmentionables were covered, but now, though I have only lost seven pounds, I have lost a lot of inches and I can get everything all covered up modestly with just one towel..sometimes t's the little things.

Second, My seventeen year old daughter..who is a fitness junkie and a ballet dancer told me last night she was proud of me.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love reading everyone's NSVs on here- I particularly love seeing how they're all so different! Keep it up, everyone!

My NSV is that I was able to do five push-ups from my knees last night. A few months ago I could barely dip down a few inches and come back up.
  • watermelonwolf
    watermelonwolf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Went for a 10km bike ride today, for fun! ^^
  • luvopera
    luvopera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My NSV--I got back on track today. Been reading some posts and it is motivating to me that see others acknowledge ups and downs. Been on a down for a bit. Today, I planned my food for the day and have been eating accordingly. Got a tiny bit of exercise too--got in the pool this morning and splashed around for a while.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Made it to the end of the 45 min circuit class! Have done this before, but didn't finish my last session, so bit nervous. Felt a bit dizzy few times, but just kept my head up and kept at it to the end.
  • Fentyman
    Fentyman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    There has been cake calling my name all day 5 feet away from me. Haven't touched it lol
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    During my BodyPump class this morning, my barbell for lunges was 5 pounds heavier than my instructor's. She gave me a big "you go girl" smile, and I killed that track :) Hello, sexy gluteus!
  • CaitlynsMom88
    CaitlynsMom88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    At work yesterday some of the people from Dunkin Donuts dropped off a dozen donuts and some muffins. Everyone in the office is dieting (I work with women and it's the norm on any given day) but somehow the donuts always disappear. I am proud to say that I did not so much as GLANCE at those donuts and they sat in their box yesterday and today. I think someone finished them today, though, because the box was gone. But it wasn't me!!!!!!
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Took my stepson to the park and mustered up the energy to actually play with him. I forgot how much I love playground slides. Srsly.
    Someone make me go get on my elliptical; I'm being a lazy bum right at the moment and I want to feel the victory of working out . It's been too long.
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements today, and while the scale says I gained 5lbs, the measurements say I lost 1/2 inch of my hips measurement. I'd noticed my underwear getting looser and my pants sliding. 1/2 inch is a huge difference in the fit of clothes.
  • Effalunt
    Effalunt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I celebrated Canada Day by doing a hilly walk through the river valley, just shy of 13 km, with my dog. Two months ago, I would never have survived 2 hours of brisk walking, but today I feel really good.

Even better: I wore running shorts for the walk, which finally fit well enough that I'll wear them in public. I chose to ignore feeling awkward about my very white, rather jiggly thighs and just focused on moving my body.
  • Geloza
    Options
    I can wear a strapless bra again and look good in it. :bigsmile:
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wore a pair of pants to work that i haven't in a long time because they haven't fit in so long!

:)
  • TessaHomel
    TessaHomel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of pants for work about a year ago. I ended up gaining 10 lbs and they started to get tight, so I stopped wearing them. Today I put them on and they fit perfectly! I can't wait till the day they get too big :)
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Being told by the Gym trainer I look like I am really good shape. Priceless....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!