TEXAS-Help

Options
Husband may need to relocate to Dallas (Irving) ..

I don't know a thing about the area..

We currently live in a suburb of Detroit..Upper middleclassish...4 bdrm2.5 bath 3 car garage ...10 year old subdivision...great school district...safer..lots of shopping....walking trail....kind of neighborhood ...

Where should I start looking??

I read NW of Dallas is better?

Sigh...I can't talk to anyone about it yet..since I don't want to freak our families out...they all live within an hr of us =(

Replies

• Skate_48
    Options
    Plano, Richardson, Irving, McKinney, and Carrollton are all nice areas. It depends on the type of community you are looking for. I currently teach in the CFBISD school district and we are a great district; great academics, enrichment and extracurricular programs, and a variety of technology intergration in the curriculum. Most of the districts in the North Dallas area are pretty good.

Sorry, I posted under my husbands screen name, if you would like message me please send it to gurgi22.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    If you don't mind the commute Lewisville is a nice area and just north of dallas. Google the area. Irving isn't bad. I'm not a fan of Grand Prarie, its a lil grungy.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Irving is a nice area. Ill second the comment about Grand Prairie being grungy.