Anyone losing just sticking with MFP plan?

Options

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    If by that you mean eat whatever I wanted but count calories and get a little exercise, at first I did lose weight that way. But satiety and cravings issues kicked in after I lost about 25-30 pounds. (If I remember the weight range right, it's been a few years). After fighting a losing battle with that, I had to get creative with my foods and have had to ever since.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    <
    Lost about 30 lbs by JUST paying attention to calories and not giving a rat's *kitten* about macros, then leaned out and dropped more body fat by tightening down on macros, while eating at a small deficit.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Yes. Didn't give up any food or food group, don't cook much and eat out frequently. I just stay within my calorie goal and eat back half of exercise calories. Lost 113 pounds in 1 year and 2 weeks.
  • davefred99
    davefred99 Posts: 11
    Options
    Its working for me. In 36 days I have lost 13 lbs. I cut most of the fried foods and watching my calories every day. I also use Protein shakes to supplement my protein intake. Portion control and patience. So far its all good. I never dieted all my life @ 60 yrs old it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks but this has been and eye opener tracking everything.
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yep. Steady in maintenance mode now.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yes
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I sure did. 75#. try to eat protein at every meal but dont stress about it. I eat carbs. i eat processed stuff. i drink real milk. i eat white bread, red meat. and when i reach goal nothing will change. just track everything.

Same here!

The question I get most often is whether I eat bread. Yes, I eat bread. I eat pizza. I eat bagels. I eat sushi. I eat everything I want. Just not all in the same day :)
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat less. Move more. It's pretty simple.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Fad diets do not work for me, neither do fancy eating plans. I know a lot of people who still use diets and are happy that way, but it's not for me :)

I never thought i'd say it but it's all down to keeping accountable with food and exercise!

Kaela x
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me. Pick me. :enthusiasically raises hand:

I have lost 51lbs (from 232 to 181) and am still losing by logging my food and exercise daily (500+ day streak).
  • RWTBR
    RWTBR Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's a little bit of a silly question. Because a calorie deficit is the only thing that works. All successful plans are based on it. So, using MFP all by itself works. It's amazing that it's actually that simple. No hoopla needed.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yes. When I had my first child in 2008 I used MFP to lose all of the baby weight and an additional 15-20 lbs (185 to 123lbs). I logged my food, watched calories but didn't restrict any specific food or macro along with working out 3-5 times per week.

While I am sure some other methods (low cal, low fat, Paleo, etc) work for others I think logging food to stay within a calorie range and exercising works for a lot of people and for me was easier.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm having success sticking with MFP and not doing any special diet and not exercising beyond a couple of times a week.

It works if you work it.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Agreed My mantra ∆∆ just logging food and a daily walk started off with one mile a day and it took me 10 months to lose 30 lbs. Was on 1200 for 5 months. Been maintaining for a year and plan to do this for life!
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options

It works if you work it.

This.
    (see ticker)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    It's working for me! I've not as much to lose as some others have, but it's working brilliantly. Oh, I did tweak my macros a wee bit to up my protein and lower the carbs, but only ~5% different than MFP gave me, as suggested by IIFYM.com ratios. But, I'm sure the "MFP way" would work just as well, too. MFP (using moderately active) vs. IIFYM.com calorie deficts for me are within 50 calories.
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds using MFP's plan and only worried about calories, before I even knew what a macro was. As I've progressed, I've changed a couple things a bit (like trying to get more protein because I suck at that), but still follow MFP, and eat back my exercise calories too.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Just using the diary log on MFP, used the customise goals function to change the carb/fat/protein ratios, to boost protein. Completed T25, now graduated to Stronglifts/ c210k. Lost 55 lbs, just weighing food and changing what I eat based on reducing processed food. No crazy diets/fads here.
  • Ken2Pam
    Ken2Pam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It worked for me, I started in January of this year with a goal of losing 30 lbs. I reached that goal on my birthday in June. I used MFP straight out of the box, so to speak, that is I used their macros and settings and set my goal for 1.5 lbs a week. Some weeks I lost a little more, some weeks a little less, two plateaus, but they did not last long.

I also started exercising regularly, lifting 3 times a week, and cycling or jogging twice a week. Saturdays were fun but active and I took Sundays off.

Combined MFP with my Fitbit Force, allowing negative calories from Fitbit feed.

Stick with it, it works. Good health to you!
  • OkieDreamer
    OkieDreamer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes ... I love MFP. I lost 89 pounds in 9 months last year by ONLY counting my calories. I tried to eat healthy, but did not deprive myself of things like pizza or a treat every now and then as long as it fit within my calorie allowance. I didn't feel deprived and I still continued to lose. Unfortunately this year has brought some pretty hefty stressors and I stopped logging and got out of control. (I'm a terrible stress eater!) I've finally discovered what was going on and have just started back on MFP. I now have to re-lose a lot of pounds that I'm not too pleased about, but this time I know I can do it. I did it last year and I'm stronger this year knowing that it is possible. It will probably take me until the end of the year to get back to where I was last year, but I'm looking forward to getting there again. Hang in there! Even if you are unable to exercise in the beginning, you will still lose. I'm living proof of it! Good luck!