Is this normal?

Options
Day 2 of my diet and since Saturday (before the diet) I have felt very weak/shakey/fainty... Is this normal with dieting? xx

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Nope. You might not be consuming enough quality calories from "whole" foods. Are you eating a lot of processed foods? Have you cut your calories back drastically all at once?
  • Chrissy1011
    Options
    you should probley go to the DR. its never normal to feel that way on or off a diet...
  • jeeping_mom
    Options
    Not normal, unless you're starving yourself... be safe about your diet and make sure you still get plenty of water. Dehydration could attribute to the dizziness. Be careful, k?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    that is not normal at all...what diet are you doing? if its giving you symtoms like that its and unhealthy one...crash diets cuase such symtoms...
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    thats how i was for a long time, a bit to a lot, you might be anemic, thats my problem. under my diet i would put iron, just in case you are.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    As the others have said NO not normal sounds like low blood sugar. I can't view your food diary so you need to check that your eating enough.
    Are you taking any kind of supplements or energy pills that sort of thing?
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're eating too little, are anemic or having blood sugar issues.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said:
    Nope. You might not be consuming enough quality calories from "whole" foods. Are you eating a lot of processed foods? Have you cut your calories back drastically all at once?

However, for the first day or two of my diet, I felt the same way and every time I felt this way, I would eat a piece of fruit and drink water and it went away.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would say not if you are eating the MFP recommend calories (including eating back your exercise calories). You will find it is critical in weight loss to eat enough so that your body has enough energy to burn fat.
  • bridetobe111111
    Options
    Hi, I am not doing crash diets just eating what I think is healthier and writing it down on my food diary. Normally I would consume 2000 calories but today I hve only ate 1200 calories. xx
  • MichelleOnTrack
    Options
    Hi, I am not doing crash diets just eating what I think is healthier and writing it down on my food diary. Normally I would consume 2000 calories but today I hve only ate 1200 calories. xx

That seems like a drastic jump in calories!
  • bridetobe111111
    Options
    So what would be the best way to do this then? xx
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    I happened to see earlier in one of your exercise blurbs that you worked out for 3 hours ... was that all at once? You need to eat back those calories one way or another. If you're only eating 1200 calories after exercising like that, you absolutely must consume more calories. Try to stick close to what MFP suggests for your daily calorie intake, especially if you're just starting your diet. You need to bring down your calories a little more gradually. Think about a couple of months ago, if you had eaten a couple of thousand calories one day, then the next day you were busy and only got to eat a couple of hundred, how would you feel? Shaky, headache, weak. You have a pretty substantial weight loss goal, so I understand your desire to cut back, but be sure to do it in a healthy manner.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options

You need to gradually reduce your calorie intake. If you are used to 2000 a day, reduce it to 1750 (good) calories - keep yourself full with plenty of veggies and fruits. Do that for at least 2 weeks and then reduce it to 1500, do that for 2 weeks, than you can reduce it to 1400, then 1300 then finally 1200 (if that's where you want to be).

The point of that is to give your body a chance to realize that its not starving and as your appetite shrinks slowly, so will your stomach and your body will adjust to less calories per day, without panicking.

Don't rush into trying to lose everything at once. Not only is it unhealthy, but it won't be something you can stick to long term - and that's really the goal, right?

Good luck to you and keep your health in mind :)
  • bridetobe111111
    Options
    I happened to see earlier in one of your exercise blurbs that you worked out for 3 hours ... was that all at once? You need to eat back those calories one way or another. If you're only eating 1200 calories after exercising like that, you absolutely must consume more calories. Try to stick close to what MFP suggests for your daily calorie intake, especially if you're just starting your diet. You need to bring down your calories a little more gradually. Think about a couple of months ago, if you had eaten a couple of thousand calories one day, then the next day you were busy and only got to eat a couple of hundred, how would you feel? Shaky, headache, weak. You have a pretty substantial weight loss goal, so I understand your desire to cut back, but be sure to do it in a healthy manner.

I work as a cleaner in a school for 3 hours everyday, this work is extremley active especially as I am carrying hoovers around the school, wiping desks and cookers etc etc et xx
  • bridetobe111111
    Options

You need to gradually reduce your calorie intake. If you are used to 2000 a day, reduce it to 1750 (good) calories - keep yourself full with plenty of veggies and fruits. Do that for at least 2 weeks and then reduce it to 1500, do that for 2 weeks, than you can reduce it to 1400, then 1300 then finally 1200 (if that's where you want to be).

The point of that is to give your body a chance to realize that its not starving and as your appetite shrinks slowly, so will your stomach and your body will adjust to less calories per day, without panicking.

Don't rush into trying to lose everything at once. Not only is it unhealthy, but it won't be something you can stick to long term - and that's really the goal, right?

Good luck to you and keep your health in mind :)

Thank you. xx
  • bridetobe111111
    Options
    hanged my goal weight. xx
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Glad to see you weren't moving furniture around your house for 3 hours just to burn calories! ;)

Regardless, you should make sure you are eating back your calories, not matter what type of exercise you do. You want to lose weight, but as other poster said, keep your health in mind.
  • bridetobe111111
    Options
    Glad to see you weren't moving furniture around your house for 3 hours just to burn calories! ;)

Regardless, you should make sure you are eating back your calories, not matter what type of exercise you do. You want to lose weight, but as other poster said, keep your health in mind.

Lol, could you imagine? xx