I'm doing it!!!! (Pics!)

Options

Replies

• Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies, means a lot. I'm stronger mentally than ever before and only getting stronger so yes, I will def continue. I want to be a better person for my boy too. I can hear him tell me "Mom, what's wrong with you?! Why are you SO sad? I'm in heaven and I'm HAPPY, I want YOU to be happy too!" So, for him, my daughter and husband, I've come too far to go back now. If all I can do for him now is be happy, then for him, I will do that. :heart:
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and i'm sure your son is proud of your accomplishments and determination.
  • Beccas_Life
    Options
    Your story has truly touched my heart this morning, and I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss... I give you all the credit in the world (and then some!!) for being determined in your journey. You look incredible and congrats on your many successes! :smile:
  • Geloza
    Options
    Thank you girls sooo much for that. Trust me, there were a few times, the tears were flowing while I was working out because a certain song came on or a certain thought entered my mind. It's hard still, no doubt! But honestly, speaking from the heart, if I can do this, you guys can too.

We all have diff struggles and we're all in this life together! :smile:
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Awesome job! My heart goes out to you. I loved reading that you know that your son is in heaven watching over you. I am sure that he wants you to live the best life that you can. My family has gone through similar loss. We take comfort in knowing that families are forever and we can be with those brothers, sons and grandsons again some day. My best to you. Keep living your best life. :)
  • Geloza
    Options
    Thank you. :smile:

At our core, if we have no hope, then we have nothing. And like you said, for you and I, our hope lies in knowing we'll see them again. Until then, we must make the best of things now. I believe we will be held accountable in the end and I NEED to make him proud.

Gonna start my warm up right now and do arms. Gotta keep it moving! :wink:
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! And are a great inspiration. I haven't been through anything as you have but I have my own mental issues I need to over come! You look stunning!
  • Geloza
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! And are a great inspiration. I haven't been through anything as you have but I have my own mental issues I need to over come! You look stunning!

Thank you and your issues are just as important as any others. Good luck! You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry for your loss, I lost my dad and brother this year so I know how devastating a loss of a loved one is, although losing a child is a level on its own.. Keep up the good work :)
  • mcneilnomore
    mcneilnomore Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story. I am moved beyond measure. I am in awe of your strength and perseverance. You look great and more inportant, you feel great.
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing, not just the weight loss, which you do look great but the emotional weight that you let go of is awe inspiring! Truly amazing that you found your way through the guilt and depression. I hope you continue with your journey and reach all of your goals. Thanks for sharing!
  • Geloza
    Options
    Thank you all so much, feels so great to read the responses. :heart: Really encourages me to do well this next 6 months, I appreciate it. :smile:

I really wish they would add a "like" option to posts... Love MFP but I think that's missing lol :noway:
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You are pulling yourself through one of the most unimaginable losses in life. I'm so moved by your strength, attitude, determination and courage. I'm so proud of how far you have come, and can't wait to see what you will end up accomplishing. You are a true inspiration. :heart:
  • sfisher07
    sfisher07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I can't imagine that kind of loss. Kudos to you for working through it for your husband and daughter. Keep up the great work!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    So much heartache and joy in one post. You're doing amazing work, OP! :heart:
  • ClinicalTrial
    ClinicalTrial Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll always support a mom, especially an aching one. Hats off to you. You'll be okay.
  • Geloza
    Options
    Thank you all so much... As for both the pain and happiness in my post, it's similar to time standing still and yet flying by at the very same time. I laugh and cry in the same sentence often and that's ok. :smile:
    You are pulling yourself through one of the most unimaginable losses in life. I'm so moved by your strength, attitude, determination and courage. I'm so proud of how far you have come, and can't wait to see what you will end up accomplishing. You are a true inspiration. :heart:

Thank you for such kind words, I do plan on doing new pics in Sept and at the end of the year! Looking forward to it too! :bigsmile:
  • Geloza
    Options
    Here is a screenshot my the MFP app to show my weight over the past 6 months. The "lifeline" or dip there that you see is from a vacation where I boozed it up pretty good and didn't eat much for 3 days. This shows the effect drinking can have on your progress and the recovery time needed.

Don't worry, I don't drink like that at all anymore!!!

mfp6m.jpg
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies, means a lot. I'm stronger mentally than ever before and only getting stronger so yes, I will def continue. I want to be a better person for my boy too. I can hear him tell me "Mom, what's wrong with you?! Why are you SO sad? I'm in heaven and I'm HAPPY, I want YOU to be happy too!" So, for him, my daughter and husband, I've come too far to go back now. If all I can do for him now is be happy, then for him, I will do that. :heart:

I'm still in utter shock reading your story. I would like to compliment your weight loss but it seems so trivial. This ^^ pushed me over the edge. You have tremendous courage for doing this despite what you've been through. I agree he wants you to be happy and so do we.
  • Geloza
    Options

I'm still in utter shock reading your story. I would like to compliment your weight loss but it seems so trivial. This ^^ pushed me over the edge. You have tremendous courage for doing this despite what you've been through. I agree he wants you to be happy and so do we.

Thank you so much. I've been so private for years so it's kind of overwhelming to see all of these responses because I've never really put myself out there like this. I've been hurt a lot... Wish I would've joined the community years ago! It means so much coming from people who have and still are working very hard to overcome their struggles too.

Congrats on your success as well. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!