What kind of results did you get from having a FITBIT?

Options
I am really thinking about getting a Fitbit flex.. Do you have weight loss story you would like to share?

Replies

• SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have already lost 22 lbs since using my Fitbit. It really helps keep me accountable for what I'm doing during the day. Plus, it works great with MFP.
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    following
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have already lost 22 lbs since using my Fitbit. It really helps keep me accountable for what I'm doing during the day. Plus, it works great with MFP.

Oh wow that is great, did it take long to lose 22lbs?
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have lost 71.5 lbs with my fitbit fles so far. Of course I am eating better as well
  • theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It made me realize how sedentary I really am. I sit behind a desk all day and it motivates me to move more.
  • rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit, and I love it! It makes me so much more aware!!! When I first got it, I was in some serious denial - I thought I was doing great! What a wake up call. I am down about 15 lbs. so far, which is an excellent start, but there are miles to go before I sleep (as Robert Frost says) :)

If you'd like to ask a user who's had an amazing story, you should friend mart001 --- he's such an inspiration!
  • mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I think it really helps keep me aware that I need to keep active. If I'm at home sitting around and my step count is low, then I will end up going out walking or riding to get my count up.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and it really keeps me moving. I also was in Denial.. but the fitbit doesn't lie.
    I have only been really seriously "at it" for two months.. but so far so good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1341254-not-new-but-enjoying-the-journey-and-not-starving-myself
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I have one arriving in the mail today or tomorrow. I already use an HRM and track food on MFP so I'm really curious as to how adding in a flex will change anything for me. I am getting it as a gift. The more I read on syncing it to MFP the more confused I am. I use my HRM for walking, biking, and circuit training. It sounds like once I start using fitbit I shouldn't use my HRM for the walking, but continue to use it for everything else?
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I got my Fitbit in June of 2013 and I have lost 40.6 lbs since that time. My Fitbit keeps me active. Right now one of my Fitbit pals and I are focused on keeping up our goal steps 7 days a week - we tend to fall off on the weekends (my goal is 14K steps a day). Though my weight loss has slowed some due to the total weight lost I still see changes in my body on the positive side. I have the Fitbit One that fits inside my clothing (the wrist one does not fit my style), and I would highly recommend it if your goal is to stay active.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit made me aware of how little I was actually moving on a daily basis. I easily fooled myself into thinking I was relatively active - when in reality, I was usually only taking between 2000-3000 steps/day.

Having the Fitbit has motivated me to be more active - first working on getting up to 10,000 steps/day, and I now average around 15,000 steps/day! I've lost 50 lbs in 5.5 months - which I attribute to moving a lot more, and of course, eating less. :laugh:
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for almost a year, and it's pretty motivating! I've lost my 40 pounds with it, and working on losing the rest...

Having a desk job means I sit most of the day, so I'll check my step goal and see "well, I need to hit x amount of steps still to get my daily goal, so I better get moving"

Also having other friends on there means competing to get the most steps on your friends list, which may seem silly, but it does make me move more. For example, when I'm taking my evening walk with my son, and I see someone is catching up to me, I make sure I take the longer route... Any walking I do I don't bother manually logging in MFP since it's all synced together...
  • squidgirl68
    squidgirl68 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well crap. Now I need one! I'm a sucker for gadgets!
  • attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Zip and I love it. It really helps me to be more active! I love to see all of the little bars full, meaning I reached all of my goals for the day.

I like the Zip because it's just a fancy GPS that syncs with my computer. Easy!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I have had a FitBit Flex since Aug 2013 and I love it. I was already using MFP but getting the Flex helped me realize how active (or inactive) I really am. It has taken a lot of the guesswork out of the MFP equation - whether or not to eat calories back, are the calorie estimates in MFP accurate, etc. I find the FitBit to be relatively active for the step based activity and then I still log the non-step based activity (bike, circuit training, etc) in MFP. I am now in maintenance and have found that very easy to transition to since I know roughly how many calories I burn by using the FitBit, I just need to eat less than that!
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12.7 pounds since January by maintaining a small (200-250/day) calorie deficit which has involved a combination of adjusting my intake and staying more active. My fitbit has helped me with staying more active.

I will echo some of the sentiments here. The biggest advantage for me was that it let me know when I was being a lump. On a normal weekday at work, I could clock about 4k steps by noon. On a weekend at home, if I'm being lazy, I might only hit 500 by noon. It helps me realize when I've been less active than I want to be and I supplement my activity by taking walks, playing tennis, etc. And if I choose not to - I'm tired, it's been a long day, I've run out of time - it will deduct calories so I stay in a deficit even when I'm less active.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Do you have weight loss story you would like to share?

No real story to tell.....just the results I wanted. You know what they say....a picture, or in this case a ticker is worth a thousand words. Please see below.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I got mine as a new year's resolution aid! I have dropped over 20lbs since then. I check it through out the day and tell myself "at this pace, I will not make 10,000 steps"...then I go take a walk around the building at work.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have one arriving in the mail today or tomorrow. I already use an HRM and track food on MFP so I'm really curious as to how adding in a flex will change anything for me. I am getting it as a gift. The more I read on syncing it to MFP the more confused I am. I use my HRM for walking, biking, and circuit training. It sounds like once I start using fitbit I shouldn't use my HRM for the walking, but continue to use it for everything else?

I use a HRM with my Fitbit when walking and running, Fitbit has apps it works with (sometimes I use wrist weights when walking, so get more of a calorie burn then just the steps and I want credit for it!!). I use Digifit and sync it to my Fitbit account and then sync MFP with Fitbit. Works awesome! Lost 24 lbs since Feb :smile:
  • grumpysnail89
    grumpysnail89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex that I got back in October 2013. For me, it makes it real, seeing the activity that I put out, and that helps me get more active and strive to do better each time I reach a new goal. I have lost 25 lbs (in about 6 months, but I have been breastfeeding so hormones have slowed it some) since getting it. The first few pounds were just by logging with mfp and doing exercise. The fitbit kind of gives me more information to work with. Now I know I need to get at least so many steps (or activity) to burn enough calories to keep up with my weight loss goals. That being said, it is up t the person to stay motivated by it. It's not magic.

The thing that has made me the most accountable was joining a group of like-minded individuals on the fitbit community. I belong to a group called chats, challenges, and laughs, and for me the accountability factor has helped me conquer holidays and lack of motivation. :) With friends it helps the competitive side come out and try to beat their daily steps.