Recumbant Bike

Options
Somehow, I hurt my back..I went to the chiropractor and he suggested using a recumbent bike..Ive never used one..Just curious how to start...Im use to the treadmill starting at 3.0...Is there a beginner workout someone can suggest?

Thanks.

Replies

• judy11351
    judy11351 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a Schwinn and I really like it, I bought it at ****s. You sit down with your legs stretched out in front of you and you have a back on the seat to support your back.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd one - they are the BEST!

Saves you a lot of backache - because they have a back that you can lean against - you're not all hunched over.

Perfect for reading, watching TV (or movies) -

You just peddle like any other bike.

Once you get on, you'll see - and you'll never want to ride the 'other' kind again.
  • 2katlover
    2katlover Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts do you do on them? I mean, I am 61 years old and would like to know how I am supposed to start out using the bike. How many minutes, what level and all that. Is there a place I could find this information on workouts and also how do I track it? Thanks.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    2catslover wrote: »
    What kind of workouts do you do on them? I mean, I am 61 years old and would like to know how I am supposed to start out using the bike. How many minutes, what level and all that. Is there a place I could find this information on workouts and also how do I track it? Thanks.

Completely depends on your initial fitness as well as your goals. It's more about what it takes to get your body into your desired range of exertion. What is your goal and how much time would you dedicate?
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    judy11351 wrote: »
    I have a Schwinn and I really like it, I bought it at ****s. You sit down with your legs stretched out in front of you and you have a back on the seat to support your back.

I assume you bought it at D I C K ' S Sporting Goods...........gotta love this forum's filter.