Anyone losing just sticking with MFP plan?

Options

Replies

• KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    70 lbs down, this site was a major help.
  • Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    yes. not as fast as i want, but it is consistent.
  • Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've lost 1 or 2 pounds using MFP
    LOL. subtle.Thanks for the chuckle. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone. I have to track carbs as we'll.
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow this topic really blew up! Thanks for all the inspiration :)
  • Rainydaygirl1
    Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yup! everything I have lost so far has just been regular calorie tracking with my fitness pal. No special diet plan :)
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes. This is the first time I've ever even tried to lose weight, and I'm doing well. I'm glad I discovered MFP rather than getting stuck in the yo-yo fad diet cycle that I heard about from others.
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 25 lbs in about 50 days... using MFP -
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Yes.

You really are living proof! your progress is fantastic!!!
  • ketoambahh
    ketoambahh Posts: 67
    Options
    I use MyFitnessPal but only to track my carb and fat intake. Macros are 5%/65%/30% (keto) and I've lost the most weight that way.

When I first started I was tracking the calories and keeping my carbs lower than like 150. I realized the way I eat I end up consuming less calories anyway so I don't worry about it.

Either way MFP really does help out a lot.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes. Lost 70 pounds just logging food and getting some exercise (45- 1 hour walk...or now I've started jogging). I log everything and eat back 1/2 of my exercise calories. 90% of the time I eat 'healthy' foods, but I was doing that before just too many of them. Portion control has been key and if I want a treat I make it fit into my calorie goal by getting more exercise. Now that I'm maintaining I'm trying to be careful not to fill up the extra calories with junk, but still make wise choices.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question, but with all the special diet crazes going around I'm just wondering if anyone is just plain tracking their calories/macros according to the recommendations of MFP/working out reasonably and having success?

My goal is to be a fitter and fabulous 50 (later this year) than I was at 25... By watching my calories alone, the weight started coming off. I added in some Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home" dvds and some light weights (dumbbells, really) to tone up-and I now weigh less than I did when I was first married (28 years ago)...yeah, hubby is one happy guy-but not as happy as I am!

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • thenk83
    thenk83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I only track calories explicitly. All of the other stuff is just too much.

MFP is my core app.
    Running is my primary exercise. I love running. When I run I use Wahoo Tickr to get accurate readings when I run with the Runtastic app. Those calories input into MFP.
    I have a Fitbit for those 12,000 steps I need to get in for those extra few calories those input into MFP.
    I have a Withings WiFi Scale that syncs with MFP
    Finally, I use the Wahoo Tickr when I do cardio/circuit/strength training to get an accurate calorie reading. This syncs with MFP too.

After all that I just look at the food package or weight the contents of a package and go from there. I obviously don't eat chips and dip to stay full. But I'm smart and eat veggies, fruits, grains, dairy. It's all worked out for me and I'm at 1.8-2.5 pounds down a week. Never higher that that. I have well balanced meals that don't make me hungry. MFP has really helped all around.
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Look at my ticker! Sometimes I think I am successful just because I look forward to the thrill on those days that I get to enter a new lower weight into MFP! It sure keeps me motivated.
  • emz247
    emz247 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, lost 6lbs so far! I don’t believe in the crazy fad diets or crash dieting. They leave you very prone to rebound weight gain once you stop as they usually aren’t sustainable long term. It’s all about trying to eat right and getting active so you have a calorie deficit.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yes! I used LA Weightloss and Weight Watchers in the past. I did loose weight on those programs but MFP is so much easier and healthier!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's working!! I've lost 26 pounds so far. No crazy diets! No fad diets!
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. On my 416th days of tracking and I'm down 24 pounds so far with MFP and increased exercise. (I'm intentionally losing slowly, 1/2 lb/week.)