30something mom 50lbs to lose BACK AGAIN!!

Options
Hi!
I've been here before and now I'm back again. I didn't stay motivated last time and I'm determined this time to do it! For me and my family. I have 50 lbs to lose, and if, WHEN, I get there I'll reassess if I want to lose more. I am not athletic and don't workout, but do have a gym membership which I hate wasting but also hate going (I'm just not a "gym person"). I do zumba at home and dance workouts. And I walk with my family and friends. It's just easier to to do those things than go to the gym with my son and my work schedule. My husband also works full time.

I am a very picky eater, which is another issue for "diets" and/or weight loss. I won't eat any seafood or fish of any kind, I won't eat poultry (chicken has to be prepared a certain way), and I won't eat hardly any vegetables. I'll eat cooked corn, potatoes, mushrooms, and that's about it. I'll eat some raw veggies and most all fruits. And I hate cooking and trying to come up with meal ideas and other food ideas is sometimes a challenge for me. I am getting better, though.

It doesn't help that my husband and son can eat anything and not gain a pound, so trying to find a meal that we can all eat is next to impossible. I don't want to spend a fortune buying separate meals, or spend the time preparing them every night.

So that's a little about me. I am looking for supportive friends of any age with any amount of weight to lose to join me on this journey. I plan on logging in every day and will do my best to support you as well. Thanks! :wink:

Replies

• Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Congrats on deciding to come back :) As far as the gym, as long as your exercising (with your son, or friends, at home or to a work out video) well it doesn't matter. As long as you are doing something. I understand being a picky eater I used to be also but I found honestly that was the way I trained my taste buds. I made myself try different foods tried them all different ways, cooked, raw etc. You can eat healthy and in your calories being picky it just is going to take a little work on your part. Finding recipes the whole family can enjoy that way you can also and possibly trying new things :) There are so many recipe sites out there don't be afraid to use them :) Good luck on your journey and nice to meet you :)
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat separate meals. You just have to eat smaller portions.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You could try roasting your veggies. My kids aren't vegetable crazy either, but if I roast them (green beans, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, peppers or a mix of several) with fresh garlic cloves and onions in a little olive oil, they are TO DIE FOR. and my kids gobble them up. Seriously, they are so incredibly delicious. There are lots of roasted veggie recipes on the Internet, try a couple and see what you think. A couple of tips-- if you are starting with frozen veggies, thaw them first and dry them before you cook them, or they will just go mushy. And chop them into roughly the same size pieces. Let them cook until crispy. You veggie haters out there, give this a try!
  • gingercaroline76
    gingercaroline76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thank you! that actually sounds good. i love olive oil and garlic & onions. i'll have to give that a whirl!