How best to reward yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I bought some sexy shoes...new clothes...costume jewelry (everything on sale, of course). It felt so indulgent to go shopping and spend money on myself...something I hadn't ever really done. But now when I go out, I look good and feel I've earned it.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot what the second reward was going to be - possibly a new purse, but the big one was going to be a ring. I don't wear any jewelry normally but it's something I've been thinking on, that I wouldn't normally go out and buy. I really want to remember the other thing for sure, though, because I remember they both fit so well!
  • whatamigettingmyselfinto
    Options
    When I get down to 111 I'll maintain until I can donate blood (reward: saving 3 lives) and start lifting. Then, once I reach my bf% goal (TBD) I will reward myself with any clothes I want (that I can afford) until I have a full wardrobe. :happy:
  • katiedoo82
    katiedoo82 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I like to put away money for every lb I lose... and then when I hit my goal I can get something out of the saved money --- and this then is guilt free shopping hehe as I have worked so hard to get to my goals.... for example last week I bought a lovely silver ring..as I had lost my first stone. this morning I was having a pity moment... and I looked down,,, saw my ring... and there it was in front of me... a reminder of how far I have come... and it kept me focussed. just find it works for me :0) and its a reminder to me what I can achieve.. while no one else will ever realise the significance of this little piece of jewellery on my finger.....
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Here's what I've done on my profile, I get a reward every 5 pounds and NSV.

Starting weight: 284lb

Weight loss goals and rewards:

270: REACHED JUNE 5 2014
    265: REACHED JUNE 12 2014
    260: REACHED JUNE 20 2014

255: mani-pedi
    250: Wreck this Journal
    245: hair done
    240: Hannibal season 1
    235: New Book
    230: 2 pairs of jeans and 5 tops
    225: Day off work
    220: Go to a concert (or arrange for it)
    215: 2 pairs of shoes
    210: 2 pairs of jeans and 5 tops
    205: Bastille Album
    200: New pair of Nike Free run
    195: Run a 5k
    190: Weekend out
    185: Missing HP books
    180: Magazine Subscription
    175: Room Makeover
    170: Hannibal season 2
    165: New hair color
    160: Teeth whitening
    155: Run a 10k
    150: Go out Dancing
    145: Go swimming
    140: New wardrobe
    135: Epic dress
    130: Trip to somewhere new

Extra rewards for anything particularly cool:
    Mantaining: Exercise clothes
    Not gaining: Bouquet of flowers
    Resisting some really bad cravings: Watch your favorite TV show
    Reaching 15 VAM: Workout music
    Reaching 30 VAM: Cooking class
    Reaching 45 VAM: Pool or beach
    Reaching 60 VAM: Underwear
    1 week without full sugar soda: Digital Scale
    1 week without pastry : MNG top
    5k weekly: XXI earrings 1
    6k weekly: XXI earrings 2
    7k weekly: XXI necklace
    8k weekly: XXI headband
    9k weekly: XXI socks
    10k weekly: to be found
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Helena, creative! I will consider your list. :)

I've set weight rewards--yesterday I earned taking a day off work to spend it at the beach. It just fees artificial--I don't really feel like going to the beach or using up my days off. Haircuts I need to get in every month or two anyway. Clothing rewards come naturally when my old clothes stop fitting--I need to look professional.

I tried a Weight Watchers ring to commemorate my weight loss, but it was too cheaply made and fell apart. Someone here mentioned jars of pebbles to symbolize your weight now and the weight you want.