I need someone to shout at me

Options
Hey guys, so im REALLY lazy.. its ridiculous. I keep saying to myself i'll start tomorrow and of course tomorrow never comes! Really determined to do it this time as I actually have the time and means to do it at the moment and am going on a dream trip to NYC in Feb and would like to be able to buy a lush skinny wardrobe! so everyone please add me and give me a good telling off when i do ****! hahaha and i'll try and motivate you too!

Replies

• karbhat
    karbhat Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking for a weight loss buddy to help motivate me to lose 20 pounds - I would be more than happy to help you get to your goal!
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You don't want it bad enough. If you truly deep down wanted it then you would do what you have to do. That is as close to yelling as I get. Make it a priority and the lbs will follow.
  • shinnycantoo
    shinnycantoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs a little motivation! Doesn't mean i don't want to lose weight thanking you :)
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    HEY! Do you know what time it is? Time to get your butt up and start doing SOMETHING! Get up, go for a walk and eat something good for you. GO NOW! GO!
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    SHOTING YOU SAY? OK....

TODAY IS YESTERDAY'S TOMORROW SO GET THIS THING MOVING!!! lol
  • steran29
    steran29 Posts: 11
    Options
    That's not fair to say. I was like her and really wanted to change myself but I was so unhealthy and lazy that I just couldn't motivate myself to get my *kitten* up work out and the craving of fast food was so bad that it really was an addiction. After having my sister who lost over 40lbs yell and FORCE me to start my journey, it's been 2 months and I have not fallen off my rhythm. We all just need a little push and motivation to start, we may hate the person who is helping us but after a while thank them!
  • LilBunnyMichMich
    Options
    I find that unless there's money on the line I'm not really motivated. I work out with a personal trainer once a week. Since I"m spending money I give it my all b/c I want my money's worth. Maybe this might work for you too. Although currently I've been attending some of the free classes at my gym of my own volition. Basically I"m paying to be motivated where as I typically would lack the will power to follow through.
  • steran29
    steran29 Posts: 11
    Options
    ADDING YOU!~we can be a motivation to each other

TODAY - DAY 1
    IF YOU'RE AT HOME WATCHING TV - TURN THAT NASTY DISTRACTION OFF AND GRAB YOUR PHONE AND HEADPHONES TO GO OUT FOR AN HR WALK WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC. (starting small was the key for me). - If you're able to run ... RUN! lol
    DRINK 1 L OF WATER BEFORE YOU EAT LUNCH! - Drink another 1L of water from 1 - 4pm
    IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO IN THE AFTERNOON GO OUT FOR ANOTHER WALK/RUN :) OR DO A AT HOME WORKOUT.
    IF YOU'RE SITTING AT HOME DOING NOTHING DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE - Clean your bathroom, clean your house/room, that always gets me sweating lol

BIGGEST KEY - TAKE THIS ONE DAY AT A TIME.
  • mccaltl
    mccaltl Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey, there! I'm new to this weight loss thing and I was also SOOOOOOO very lazy it was completely ridiculous! It was so bad that I would drive around Walmart trying to find a close parking spot or have my bf drop me off at the door to keep from walking!

When I went on vacation and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I knew it was time to GET UP and do something! I cut out all soda, fast food and started eating healthy --- I JUST DID IT! No more excuses ... just made my mind up and did it. I've even started walking and the pounds are starting to fall off! Once these horrifying shin splints go away, I'm going to try running again!

You look very young ... start it now so you don't have to struggle with it at 41 like I am.

Just get up and do it! You'll be happy you did!
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Just ask yourself why would you put off making yourself healthier and happier? the time it takes to do it will pass anyway, why not use it to get what you want by the end of it?
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ41g1yeBn3KM1lyzYtGADx5eNMnj5LPcmGfRRcWEDRfTsgC8iw

GET YOU *kitten* UP AND MOVE! NOW!!!!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I find that watching videos of people lifting badass amounts of weight on you tube, and/or listening to upbeat music helps me to get motivated to start working out. California Strength videos are particularly good (combination of really impressive lifts, upbeat music and humour, plus it has that kind of camaradarie atmosphere to it that people go to stuff like crossfit for... which is totally lacking in a home gym which is what I have...)

if you're not into lifting, watching videos of the kinds of workouts you do may be an alternative
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm not good at yelling.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    as someone said to me, Today is yesterdays tomorrow - so get off your butt and give your determination a dust off!

you know you will feel better once you do!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    You have to do it yourself. You have to do the work. No one can make you do anything.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, so im REALLY lazy.. its ridiculous. I keep saying to myself i'll start tomorrow....
    Just think how much *harder* you'll have to work tomorrow to either lose weight or get some level of fitness if you don't start today.

Look at this way, if you start today, you can both work out and be lazy.

Win win.
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I find that watching videos of people lifting badass amounts of weight on you tube, and/or listening to upbeat music helps me to get motivated to start working out. California Strength videos are particularly good (combination of really impressive lifts, upbeat music and humour, plus it has that kind of camaradarie atmosphere to it that people go to stuff like crossfit for... which is totally lacking in a home gym which is what I have...)

if you're not into lifting, watching videos of the kinds of workouts you do may be an alternative

This + weightloss shows + myfitnesspal helps me :smile: And I am not good at yelling either :blushing:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    OK....

Here is how I yell at myself:

When I am sitting on my butt not wanting to be disciplined and do what I have to do,

I just think of those poor runners and bystanders who were injured in the Boston Marathon Blast.

That vivid picture helps every time.

We are so luck and we just piss away our opportunities!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    You have to do it yourself. You have to do the work. No one can make you do anything.
    This \m/
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, nobody can do this but you.
    If your own motivation isn't enough, it won't happen.

Shout at yourself.