Does the Tot Pot (Belly that is) Ever Go Away?

Options
So I had three babies in four years' time (albeit 15 years ago), gained a ton of weight, then went from a size 16 to a 7/8. Now I'm back up to an 11/12 and have lost 9 lbs. so far on this quest to get back to an 8. My tot pot (belly), however, is stubbornly laying there, a big, fat pinch of skin and fat that won't go away.

Does anybody have great advice on how to get rid of it? Is it even possible without surgery?

Replies

• Carolyn72
    Carolyn72 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I sure don't, but I'm hoping someone else does! I'm in the same situation, and I hate that little pooch that has taken up residence under my belly button. Must...banish....belly....
  • bathori
    bathori Posts: 33
    Options
    If it's fat then you just need to keep plugging away, remaining in a deficit, until your body fat percentage drops back down enough so that it's flattens out. If it's a lot of loose skin you can probably get it to tighten up a bit by building some muscle, but extreme stretch will probably require a tummy tuck.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I sure don't, but I'm hoping someone else does! I'm in the same situation, and I hate that little pooch that has taken up residence under my belly button. Must...banish....belly....
    I can totally relate! Yes, if someone truly knows the answer to this it would be greatly appreciated!:drinker:
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    I don't know if it ever goes away...I'm hoping though! My husband said to me to look at it as something to be proud of....it is a battle scar from some rough pregnancies producing some cute kids.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It is possible to exercise it away, but most people want the easy route.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    For me it's not physically possible to get rid of the mom pooch. I weighted all of 85 pounds when I got pregnant...reached 120 at full term. Bare in mind I'm 5 feet tall and thin framed. I'm now currently at 84 pounds and have 18% body fat...yet the pooch is still there. I've talked to my trainer and my doctor and the only way for me to get my stomach back to how it was is to have a tummy tuck. My abs split when I was pregnant and my innie became an outie.
  • funfor5
    funfor5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well, I exercise alot and watch what I eat and am pretty much at my goal weight -- which is what I weighed before having my 3 kids (my last one was 14 years ago!) - and NO it doesn't seem to go away -- I think it is stretched out skin and we must deal with it ~ like a Mom Badge or something - lol!!!
  • fitmom125
    Options
    If it's fat then you just need to keep plugging away, remaining in a deficit, until your body fat percentage drops back down enough so that it's flattens out. If it's a lot of loose skin you can probably get it to tighten up a bit by building some muscle, but extreme stretch will probably require a tummy tuck.

I agree I lost my belly fat last year after I had a baby. I stayed away from fast food and sugary snacks, but that only last a year.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    which exercises actually work? I'm putting a ton of work into this, I might as well add these & see if they work.