I need someone to shout at me

Options
2»

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Personal change has to come from within; people can try and give you all the motivation in the world but until you are ready to commit 100% all the motivation from us will be useless.
    Find what really motivates you and use it to inspire you, you mentioned a “lush skinny wardrobe,” well if that’s what does it than us it. Get a fashion magazine and cut out pictures of outfits that you like or print them of the internet. Put the pictures up everywhere you can; at work, your bathroom mirror, in your bed room, if you have a home gym put them in there, even on your refrigerator door, that way you will have reminders everywhere you look of why you’re doing it.
    Most importantly eat correctly, do not starve yourself to try and lose weight, workout hard. Anything worth doing is worth the hard work to obtain it.
    Good luck and best wishes.
    V/r,
    DW
    PS. Motivation doesn’t mean yelling at someone a good coach hardly ever needs to yell.
  • Jorjah
    Jorjah Posts: 1
    Options
    SHINNY CAN DO IT.

you don't need all these people being rude and yelling at you, I'll just do it instead ;)
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello

My name is Dances with Wow..

I would like to shout at you, but before i do.. let me offer an insight into your lazi crazy..mindset..You are not lazy.. thats a stigma based on a your social circle..
    Its good you have come to MFP

because you recognize you need to expand it..Discipline is a learned behavior based on a hierarchy of needs.. Since discipline falls into two categories, contained and uncontained...yours is simply uncontained because the hierarchy of need for it has not been serviced..addressed or self actualized..

Theres more to it of course free will.. But I help you develop that physical equivalent of will power over free will..

Thats how I can yell at you, in a reinforcing way, to

dislodge that lazy gene..

fitness and its one dimensional BS has never bothered to discover the other universe guarding the door to motivation, and personal fitness acceptance and success..

Their way is the Barbarian ate gate.. a slave to the process...It alienates 97% of the population ..Thats why obesity is so rampant.. there is no system in place except take your money and make you feel bad that you are not doing what they say do to get in shape. Fitness and its lock step disciples has no mechanism unless you already enjoy or have a hierarchy of need for discipline to include physical conditioning into your life, but fitness's arrogance by its very own doing, excludes because its founding principals are in the direct line of fire of what we all aspire to most - the use of freewill.

Fitness leadership and its died and dried systems have absolutely no means at their disposal, no reliable counter balances, no verifiable channels except by beating you down and making it appear you are not up to their standards of health and well being to travel beyond its self and see thier way differently. Ther si only one in there eyes.. calories in and calories out..

Sorry..they missed the worm hole.. opens up to a much greater universe of potential..

You are that potential.. now its time for it to release..

There idea of getting healthy is counting those calories day in and day out!. Im here to tell you there is a super teaching approach that gets you there faster and will make you look like a million bucks..in short order..

and it wont leave you co dependent .. on how many carbs per day or if your big life takes you off the mark..You can become a vixen even in the throughs of turmoil..

But you need to create a learning relationship with your body to accomplish this..

So It would be a privilege to friend you and provide the kind of life force that will mold the hell out of your now flaccid feminine frame into a firm fine flowing near flawless feminine physique..

My name is Dances with Wow.. and I help people just like you emit, exude, enjoy powerful life force
  • kimberlyarrants9
    Options
    great advice. The more water I drink the more weight I lose. Sometimes it is not hunger but thrist and sometimes it is just because I am bored and want to munch. This is as much a head game as it is a physical one.
  • PrettyToyaWorld
    PrettyToyaWorld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I'm new and also wanting to lose 20 pounds. Once you make up in your mind exactly what it is you want to do-nothing will stop you...
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! If you're determined, then you better start today. Feb. is going to come around real fast. What are your plans in NY? I would like to go in Feb. too to see the Westminister Kennel Club Dog Show, but I can't find anyone to go with me that wants to commit to 2 days full of dogs lol! I'm not good at yelling, but my husband says I'm pretty good at telling people what to do. So get started! Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • jydmm
    jydmm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So what you are doing is telling your brain to start tomorrow and that is exactly what it is programing. So you have to change the way you talk to yourself. I am going to start today !! You get what you ask for.
  • amyjoi16
    amyjoi16 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    nice advice
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The first step to starting is to get in the habit of monitoring your own behavior, which is what this site is all about.

1) If you have not done so already, set your weight loss goal, and figure out what your allotted calories are.

2) Just start logging everything you eat and all of your activity, but don't worry about making any changes at first. However, taking data on one's own behavior often leads to a change in that behavior (See this article for example:http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-library/the-science-of-self-monitoring for some scientific references).

3) I would also recommend getting a Fitbit to track your steps and syncing it with MFP (you can find new Fitbit Zips for $40 on eBay).
  • pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I stopped calling myself lazy when I realised that thinking of myself as a "lazy person" was giving myself permission to be lazy. You aren't lazy, your behaviours are! And you can choose your behaviours at every moment of the day, and thereby change who you are effective immediately.
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I stopped calling myself lazy when I realised that thinking of myself as a "lazy person" was giving myself permission to be lazy. You aren't lazy, your behaviours are! And you can choose your behaviours at every moment of the day, and thereby change who you are effective immediately.

Thumbs up to that!

Also don't give up if you have "a cheat day". This is what cost me the most. Being on a birthday party, eating a little bit too much, having bad conscience and then thinking it doesn't have a sense any more. It does! Tomorrow is a new day. I can try extra hard with workout and lose those calories I shouldn't eat. It is never too late to get back on track.