10 Weeks to Lean

Options
Hello Everyone :)

I'm Danny, 23 years old living in Newmarket, Suffolk, UK.

My ultimate goal is lean mass: larger muscles, body fat of 8-10% and the definition to prove it. I don't expect this to happen overnight and probably not in 10 weeks in time for my vaca, but I WILL GET THERE.

I'm currently 88kg, 21% body fat so I think a fat reduction of around 10kg would be a sufficient starting point.

I need all the motivation and support I can get, and I'm also a great motivator.

Come on guys, we're in this together!

Much love,

Danny

Replies

• tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i think youve come to the right place if you want to have people rallying around you with similar goals.

i wouldnt have much hope for 10 weeks and this site advocates lifestyle changes over quick fixing!

what is your current plan for achieveing your goals? do you exercise much? what sort of diet suits you?
  • dannystorah
    Options
    Thanks for having me tbrain :)

I'm currently following the Hero Sessions workout by Kirk Miller on the MyProtein website.

It compromises of a 6 day split of high intensity, fast paced supersets starting with low reps of high weights moving down to high reps reps of low weights once glycogen stores are depleted.

My diet is now very clean: I have swapped potatoes for sweet, bread, rice and pasta for their wholemeal cousins, lots of leafy and colourful veg and lean, fresh meat. 5 smaller portioned meals a day and no carbs after my afternoon snack.

I tend to have a beer and a chocolate bar after work on a friday as my cheat.
  • dannystorah
    Options
    Hey Gustaaf, glad to hear you're doing so well :)

10kg is optimistic I agree, I would be happy with anything over 5, and 10kg by the end of the year is definitely my goal.

I also work 40-50 hours a week and to be honest I'm not going to have much downtime after/before work, but I get up 2/3 times a week at 6 AM, gym by 6.30 for half an hour of HIIT and at work for 9.

I get to the gym at 7-8pm for my weights workout and am in bed by 10.30.

Even with little time it is possible. I'm afraid TV and XBox has taken a backseat for me!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    'Clean' doesn't really matter from what I've seen.

You won't gain significant muscle eating on a deficit - it's more about keeping the muscle you have.

If you want to be 'lean' in 10 weeks, you really need to be 'almost lean' right now :).

To me what you're doing sounds overly complicated for no real benefit - however if you enjoy it and can stick to it, it's a good choice! But a lot of the time it does seem that the more complex a plan, the less likely people are to stick to doing anything.
  • dannystorah
    Options
    Hi geebusuk,

This next 10 weeks is mostly for cutting fat, muscle gain will take a back seat although I will still try to make a few gains.

The training isn't super complicated, it's just faced paced, high intensity lifting to failure. Kind of a HIIT equivalent but with weights.

A few guys at the gym introduced me to this specific workout with before and after pics of themselves and the transformations we're incredible for a 6 week programme. I dont expect to reach my ultimate goal or their level within 10 weeks but if I can match or better their progression I would be a very happy man.

The feeling after workouts is immense and extremely motivating, I have no doubt I will stick to it and try to emulate the burn each and every session.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, that's fine. But quite likely you'll get the same results from doing a fairly quick 3 day a week compound lifting routine.

A pumped/burn feeling often doesn't directly relate to how effective the workout was, but again, if it helps motivate you, it's all good :).