Help a geordie girl lose some weight.

Options
I pretty much just need some help with my weightless. i am 5ft10, 14 stone (196lb) and i want to lose 3 stone (42lb) and i just need some friends to help me along the way. I walk 2.5 miles a day in 35 minutes and i am aiming for 1000 calories a day.

This is the heaviest weight i have been to date and it is making me miserable so today is the day i start my diet properly and for good. The reason i am wanting to lose the weight mainly is because i have a gorgeous irish boyfriend who i dont get to see often because of the distance and i just want him to think wow every time he sees me. h also has a ball coming up in november and i want to look fabulous.

Any advice will be much appreciated and i just really need some support along the way.xox

Replies

• richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight and put it somewhere you can see it (have more reasons for yourself or you run the risk of things back firing if you do it purely for someone else)

Cut out the crap - a calorie is a calorie a lot of people will say but is not something I follow anymore, aim for as much fresh fruit and vegetables as possible and watch this documentary http://www.feedingobesity.com/movie.php
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am aiming for 1000 calories a day.

starving yourself is not the way to go about healthy sustainable weightloss.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is too low, especially if you are exercising on top of that. at your weight you should be around 1500 minimum. i also recommend lifting weights also to preserve muscle

on a side note i always thought irish men didnt have balls:tongue:
  • Chenry18
    Chenry18 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to lose weight and having someone to talk to about fitness goals/progress would be great!
  • VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the guys above me. Every time my weight loss has stalled, or been unsustainable, was when I was eating too little. Instead, try aiming for a little bit higher calories, and filling those calories with nutritionally dense foods. Avocados. Coconut. Nuts.

My advice to stick with it? Constantly remind yourself of why. Someone offers you a biscuit? Ask yourself if you want the biscuit more than your goal.

Second piece of advice- always prepare ahead! Plan out the whole next day the night before if you can. Always have healthy snacks on hand or know where you can go to pick something up in a pinch. Fail to plan, plan to fail!
  • abibowmer96
    abibowmer96 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is too low, especially if you are exercising on top of that. at your weight you should be around 1500 minimum. i also recommend lifting weights also to preserve muscle

its not the fact i am eating few calories i still eat 3 good meals a but a lot of fruit and veg so calorie intake is lower. i find it hard to bring my calorie intake higher as i am just not hungry :(

everyone loves an irish man:wink:
  • leahfrederiksen
    leahfrederiksen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I only started a week ago and am the same weight as you and am wanting to lose the same as you although I'm 5'9" so an inch shorter :happy:

I agree with what others have said that 1000 cals is too low, I've been put on 1200 and I'm struggling at the moment to keep full and energised with that amount, I think start a bit higher until your body starts getting used to less food and then reduce but I wouldnt go under 1200 cals.

Also some advice from having done this (and failed) before is even if you gain an extra 200 etc cals a day through exercise it does not mean you should eat that extra 200cals every day as it would be pointless doing the exercise in the first place.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options

its not the fact i am eating few calories i still eat 3 good meals a but a lot of fruit and veg so calorie intake is lower. i find it hard to bring my calorie intake higher as i am just not hungry :(

everyone loves an irish man:wink:
    you may feel fine, but eating that little for an extended period of time can be detrimental to your health, and you'll probably lose a good amount of muscle mass in the process. if you arent hungry try a spoonful of peanut butter or a handful of nuts, they are both high in calories and are good sources of healthy fats. slow and steady wins the race here, remember this has to be something that you can continue doing once you lose the weight you want, otherwise you could end up gaining it back afterwards