vacation nightmare

Options
2»

Replies

• navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Stop obsessing. I went to Navy bootcamp and lemme tell ya its no picnic. IF you gained a lb or 2 or more on vacation you will lose that plus about 10 - 15 more at bootcamp. Just enjoy the rest of your time before you head up to Great Lakes.
  • Dube11
    Dube11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation and went crazy on the first day and got it out of my system. After that I made more reasonable, portioned choices and it worked out well for the rest of the vacation.
  • christinacrisfield
    christinacrisfield Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That is a very good weight! You could even gain 10 pounds and still be WELL within BMI standards. Enjoy your vacation.
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My husband is retired Air Force. Thanks for wanting to serve your country. You can do this!! Go easy on the junk and enjoy the lean meat and vegetables. Enjoy yourself!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I was on vacation last week, ate exactly what and how much I wanted. This is a lifestyle change not a diet with an end date. Vacations, Birthdays, Anniversaries, arbitrary nights out are going to happen. You can eat exactly what you want, just don't do it all the time. Log your meal, Enjoy your meal, and move on.
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Yes, you should be more careful. This happens to all of us at some point in time but. don't beat yourself up.
    You are still in control. You know what to do. Just do it. Take a moment and look at all of that hard work you have done.
    You don't want to undo that!:flowerforyou:
  • ameskimous
    ameskimous Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The weight battle is a lifestyle thing. The hardest thing to do is to eat more than usual at a wedding or special celebration and not just continue to eat and eat and eat! My advice is to eat until you are comfortably full and stop. This is the real challenge! It is OK to eat a larger, great meal for this occasion. It is not OK to eat all you want whatever you want for hours. Even if boot camp will get the weight back off, you are reinforcing a very bad habit. We tend to think the enemy is the scale. The real enemy is mindless eating. You are young. You don't need to go to extremes either overeating or undereating. The best to you!